Sign in to follow this  
Mike A

MY cats are "Artistes"

Posted (edited)

🧑‍🎨

Artistes.jpg

It’s possible that they’re mocking me for having to clean up after them by doing my portrait in the litter box 😹

Edited by Mike A
add comment
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

🤣🤣🤣

Made my day !  In pretty much all aspects ! 🤣🤣

OTOH, on some Modern Art galleries I visited in my life, I felt like the "Artistes" must have been cats....

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Actually, reading the shapes in a cats litter tray is an ancient art. It was first recorded in the ancient manuscripts that told of the exploits of the first feline visitors to our world. 

My cat once created a large obelisk that stood erect. It was similar to the monolith in 2001 A Space Odyssey, but this one was brown. I'm still trying to decipher the meaning, but I had a powerful urge to bash someone with a bone and then cast it into the heavens. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jcomm said:

In pretty much all aspects !

Yeah, a little “bathroom humor” now and then doesn’t hurt 💩

8 hours ago, newtie said:

Mine’s just lazy…

He may be still, but look at his eyes, his erect tail and how his legs suggest motion. I dare say he’s an “Expressionist”.

• Like 1

You know, I think I see it. All is not lost.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, newtie said:

Mine’s just lazy…

And looks very much like my feline overlord, too. 😲

That cat was born with the ego I never got. He won't share.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newtie said:

That cat was born with the ego I never got. He won't share.

😂🤣🤪 That’s exactly how I feel about some of my cats I’ve had, admiring their traits I either didn’t have or would find cringe worthy if I did. Our oldest, Jimmy, who’s 17, was the runt of his litter & has a Napoleon complex with a titanic willpower. We call him “King James”. If he were to be played by an actor, it would be James Cagney. He originally lived next door but decided he would rather stay with us after we hosted him in our home when our neighbors took a trip. He kept escaping from our neighbors and coming into our yard and ran inside when we opened our door. It was obviously his decision and none of us could oppose it.

Usually when a cat goes around the house & enters a room, it travels silently.  Not Jimmy. I’ll be sitting in the kitchen and can hear Jimmy thump onto the floor as he jumps down from a bed upstairs and hear every single step as he struts on the floor, descends the steps and comes down the hallway towards the kitchen as I say to my wife “Uh-oh, here comes Jimmy” 😱. And he’s such a small cat. Totally confident & domineering. And if you oppose him, he bites. And claws. Over the years, he’s bonded to and trusts me the most. A lot of times he will hold onto one of my fingers between his teeth and look directly at me as if he’s thinking “Remember, I can still clamp down real hard if I wanted to” as if he’s reconfirming his dominance. I call these “ceremonial bites”. Man, he’s a real character.

I had a cat years ago and took it to the vets for a reason I don’t remember. Out of the carrier and onto the scale. The vet says, “Do you know your cat weighs 19 pounds?” I said, “She’s a big girl.” He said, “What??” 😆

That cat could open sliding doors by getting her her claws between the frame and the door. It’s a physics thing I guess. Mass with a lever.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, newtie said:

“Do you know your cat weighs 19 pounds?”

I had two cats at the same time that weighed 19 pounds each and they weren't overweight, just big.  Gotta love big kitties.  It may have been the Tender Vittles we fed them every day all their lives.  They just seemed normal sized to me at the time.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

My was just big as well. In the winter there was little visible space between stomach and terra firma.  Vet said most long hair orange cats this size were male.

• Like 1