Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Madeira and the Ryan ST-A

Haven't used the Ryan for a while, so thought I'd give it a go. I don't tend to do islands much so thought I'd see what Madeira looked like. Out from LPMA, scenery all default. Airport is quite good but not over impressed with the PG and scenery on the island itself, but that may be down to the usually poor quality from the servers on a weekend evening here.

Still, had some fun and grabbed some snaps, which is the main purpose of this for me. Out from LPMA, late afternoon, sun is going to fade out fairly quickly around here, I expect

RtvVmHq.jpg

f9W1Zp2.jpg

kpPQmQi.jpg

Nuawchj.jpg

3ZLf39n.jpg

gxdqpM1.jpg

hGveHTs.jpg

HJsUNBz.jpg

Never been here in RL either. Seem to be some impressive cliffs here.
3otYHTX.jpg

Those boats look worth a visit
ORKhy0F.jpg

CqU6XYX.jpg

Not sure which package these are from - I have several global boats and marinas type packages in use
MdW876u.jpg

As you can tell, I've been heading west but am about to turn in and head north to the other coast
70kVUOP.jpg

And now the sun is really dropping
xAVHn06.jpg

VXPq6qc.jpg

cS8chFF.jpg

And now at night -
TGXno24.jpg

And a couple of weather adjusted shots to finish
swkuDp4.jpg

pD0NIH8.jpg

Haven't been posting for a while as not been flying much, but had a few flights today, hence the burst of pix.

I've actually been building a second sim PC. Decided to use my previous machine, which was just sitting around idle and as it is a 3950X with a Titan RTX card that seemed a hull of a waste. Plus I had a Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo pair sitting in boxes unused, and various other bits and pieces sitting around, and so the only thing I needed to buy (and I could have used one of a number of spare but lower res ones) was a monitor. Got a nice 34" curved 3440x1440 Philips monitor from Morgan Computers (refurbished kit seller in the UK) for a good price and have spent the last few weeks setting it all up in my workshop, as a sort of "cockpit" setup. I figured as I've got it all anyway I will leave it permanently set up and maybe have the occasional attempt to get to grips with pressing some of those buttons and playing with the FMC etc (I have a couple of tablets I can throw in there as well). I had put aside a bench in the workshop as a sort of PC repair bench, so I've been playing pretend carpenter for a while instead of pretend pilot. Almost ready to go now, and then the fun of setting up the systems/controllers properly will begin. I also had a second copy of MSFS via steam, so have set this PC up to be completely separate from my main sim pc, with separate MS, Store, and X-Box ids so that there are no links between my two sim PCs. This "new" (actually 'old') pc will run the Steam version (just the basic version) essentially as default, with no addons, which itself will be interesting to see -

G49ZnOV.jpg

So this whole setup has cost me just a couple of hundred quid for the monitor, plus a little bit for some wood (because as anyone with a workshop will tell you, even with all that wood and those scraps you've hoarded over the years you will definitely not have at least two bits the right size and shape you need!), which I figure is pretty good going. I consider it a great way of re-cycling!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

You've been busy! Nice looking setup.

• Like 1

Nice atmospheric series

• Like 1

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

Nice setup and looks like a fun home exercise, Andy...not working on home improvement but sim improvement...🙂...!

The Ryan ST-A is sparkling in these lovely shots of twilight conditions...Yes, the sun goes down pretty fast in our SIM in these places...when you think you've a few more minutes before darkness envelopes you...🙂...

[Yes, sometimes in the islands...I too cannot tell if my Xbox is limited by PG or server or something inherent...]

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 11:02 PM, John F said:

You've been busy! Nice looking setup.

Cheers John! Been fun to do, and not finished yet. Trouble is that it's spurred a whole burst of clearing up the workshop and other such areas and that's one of the great "one thing leads to another . ." scenarios. I may never get around to atually using it!

On 4/14/2024 at 12:40 AM, darrenvox said:

good stuff!!

Cheers Darren!

On 4/14/2024 at 7:12 AM, jankees said:

Nice atmospheric series

Thanks Jankees! Even though it doesn't feel quite as impressive as it was in the early days, I still really love the light and atmospherics in MSFS. Lots of talk at the moment about historic weather and MSFS clouds in general but I'm well happy with the basic system and some additional presets (SoFLy packages). As long as it looks good I don't care about atmoshpheric realism.

On 4/14/2024 at 3:26 PM, P_7878 said:

Nice setup and looks like a fun home exercise, Andy...not working on home improvement but sim improvement...🙂...!

The Ryan ST-A is sparkling in these lovely shots of twilight conditions...Yes, the sun goes down pretty fast in our SIM in these places...when you think you've a few more minutes before darkness envelopes you...🙂...

[Yes, sometimes in the islands...I too cannot tell if my Xbox is limited by PG or server or something inherent...]

Cheers P_7878! I do enjoy my occasional forays into home bodging. Not particularly skilled as a woodworker, but I can usually do what I need to and finally having a halfway decent workshop helps a lot. Hadn't really planned the sunset experience for this set, but it turned out ok. I tried resetting the time for midday'ish but to be honest, I thought the scenery looked a bit poor in bright daylight. Not sure if the island is just like that or a server error, but I don't think it's an Xbox issue - suspect a combination of poor PG and server issues both.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Beautiful set Andy !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png