Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

MK Studios' KLGA, the airport and its surrounds -1

Got this to replace my original FeelThere version. This version is quite magnificent, for my tastes. Beautifully modelled and nicely detailed, it really does create the vibe of a newly built/refurbished set of buildings. You can almost smell the paint drying. And the surrounding setting is quite splendid as well. I have a very full set of addons for the whole NYC-Long Island area (airports, bridges, DD's city, and other bits and pieces) and this is a very welcome addition to that environment. With the whole lot enabled and a heli or similar it all makes for a very realistic tour.

Given my taste for ground level details, I spent several hours just droning around this airport taking snaps, and then took a brief flight out from it in the C-130 Hercules. I shall post two sets of sightseeing pix, and the third will have the flight out pix. Weather set to a bit murky, to add atmosphere, and all pix 4k and best viewed full screen as usual. Oh, and AIG Traffic in use to add a bit of life.

Enjoy or ignore, according to taste!

The approach to departures
bApbJ5X.jpg

What I love about a well modelled airport is that it can capture the mundanity of air travel. Or at least that's how I see it. I'm sure if you don't fly / haven't flown much, then airports and flying are still wonderfully exciting things, but I burnt out my own excitement centres after nearly a couple of decades of business (but cattle class) travel. So my memories of it all are a mixture of wonder and wondering when the hull we're going to finally get to take off. And the airports themselves hold that same sort of mixed memory. Fond memories of some places and occasions countered by the memories of (not) sleeping on a bench overnight due to being snowed in at Glasgow, or sitting in a lounge for almost 13 hours at Copenhagen waiting for my flight home, for example.

Which is why I bother taking shots like this -
mr6ZyFZ.jpg

and this -
1Xg7pFg.jpg

This airport is populated, and with reasonable looking pixel people, which is nice. Never used KLGA myself, so no idea how busy it gets, but I suspect busier than shown here, although perhaps this is because it's relatively newly re-opened?
nl3HDCh.jpg

Normally, I would say this all looks a bit new and shiny, but I guess in this case, that's pretty accurate and rather well done
lIil9Nj.jpg

DLtsYNq.jpg

I like the setting here as well. Don't know enough about the topography here to know if this is considered part of the East River or Long Island Sound, but we will explore it a little bit shortly
HS302AG.jpg

CjEB2Y5.jpg

getting a bit busier in here now
rb6FoFX.jpg

z75J1bY.jpg

If you look closely (and same with lots of the pixel folk in this airport) it would appear that a lightning fast phone snatcher is at work at KLGA!
WR4GAyd.jpg

3wnmvoS.jpg

Looking out from the end of this terminal
xDNaFln.jpg

And now, via the magic of pixel power, out in to that view and off to explore the waterside a little
KrVhHNf.jpg

9TWiEbF.jpg

For me, the idea of just sitting in the front of your big tube and concentrating on landing the thing here seems an enormous waste of time. There's this whole fascinating world down here that is much more interesting than all those buttons and dials. But each to his/her own. I'm just very grateful that I can do this now. Been a long time coming, but now it's here - wow!
EwzKYGy.jpg

thhGvdz.jpg

cOp7GZC.jpg

muQmbrW.jpg

Citi Field - what I believe was previously, or, I guess, simply occupies the same site as, Shea Stadium ("yeah, yeah, yeah!")
O8vGB86.jpg

7e08Smt.jpg

hvTnfgZ.jpg

We'll stop this first part here. Next part will head back across the river to explore the airport some more, and then we'll actually take a flight out from there in part three.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Fine set Andy, thanks for showing !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Perfect shots!

• Like 1

Wonderful details, Andy, especially at ground-level... Thanks for sharing...

I am hearing good things about MK Studios...

• Like 1

@pmplayer, @Todd2, @P_7878, thanks for your kind comments!

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.