Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

OINN Noshahr to OIII Mehrabad, Phenom 100

Taking a brief break from the Scilly Isles with a visit to Iran. Noshahr is a Caspian Sea resort in Iran, so just up over the mountains from Tehran. The range of mountains running along this coastline are, I believe, called the Alborz Mountains, and the big peak you see in the mid-distance in some of these pix is Mt Damavand, 18,405 ft.

The OINN airport is a rather fine little bit of scenery from "Fun of Flying" and is one of three I picked up on sale at SimMarket. Very nicely done, I thought. I happened to be setting off late afternoon / early evening, so the light changes quite quickly over these shots. In the end, I left it paused for a couple of hours and when I came back to finish off the flight at Tehran it had gotten to be full dark, and I discovered that I couldn't seem to get the external lights on the Phenom to come on. The switches in the cockpit were set to on, but the lights themselves weren't. I suspect this is due to Coskspur being one of those p*ssy developers that have insisted on this aircraft being at least partially "by the book". If you try a hot start "it is not guaranteed to work successfully". They insist on starting from a parking spot. Which I simply find enormously pretentious. No matter how much the developers like to delude themselves they are NOT creating any kind of serious training tool, they are creating a toy model airplane for people to play with on their home PC. They can model all the realism they like, but they ought to make the thing also behave properly within the context of the gaming element of MSFS. I did do a cold start, but only in the sense of a ctrl-e, and it accepted that ok, but obviously not all the systems were working. I knew this when I bought it, but it was on sale so I got it anyway as I like the aircraft. Wouldn't have bothered at full price. But it does look good, and generally seems to fly ok on my terms so .  .  .

Anyway, the lights thing means that I haven't bothered with more than a couple of shots of the arrival at OIII, and they look pretty daft with no external lights on the plane. I also do have the apparently hooky ported over Carenado version (which I'm ok about as I bought the original for P3D) but I know it shouldn't be shown on pix here, but for my own use I probably prefer that.

Anyway, up, up and away!

Starting parked up, as required.
OTfO5vK.jpg

A quick look around the airport
wE8WkTl.jpg

S5O4r7g.jpg

Viz4new.jpg

dAEKzAf.jpg

SjGy8X2.jpg

WoxT4y4.jpg

Getting lined up to go
Zi5ZkAk.jpg

And away
8aXTovy.jpg

Apparently it's quite a swish resort area for whoever in Iran likes to / is allowed to visit swish resort areas. Personally, I'm surprised such a place still exists in post-revolutionary Iran. Persia, yes, but Iran?
k1RT6GP.jpg

get up a bit of speed and height and then we'll turn round and head back a bit and then south over the mountains
9Emn4fG.jpg

N4PC025.jpg

VfF8qW8.jpg

Not a bit of the world I've been to before, either for real (reasonably enough), or in the sim, but it looks like it would bear a bit of exploration. So many places, so little time.
JWetgET.jpg

X6av46e.jpg

N0cdvsj.jpg

Complete with the weird MSFS scenic fault line
ZnniOyh.jpg

Mt Damavand in the distance
4A5Qv2g.jpg

IT2IhwQ.jpg

Once you get over the mountains Tehran is laid out before you
Mqz3ZWN.jpg

approaching OIIII (for some reason I've now got a head full of skinhead images <grin>)
5zAaUtT.jpg

And a sneaky sort of landing
A4fe1gj.jpg

Well worth a visit!

• Like 5

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Posted (edited)

The best part for me: those two yellow Peugeot 405 taxis waiting out front. Can't buy a Peugeot here in the States anymore, so I've had to stick with my 33-year-old 1991 model. But a factory in Iran continued turning them out so they're everywhere in Tehran.

Edited by John F
  • Like 2

The PH100 seems like a very nice plane to fly in MSFS .... I do now recall flying that FeelThere Phenom 100 from the yesteryears...🙂...

Lovely set of pics, inside and out, along with a (rare) touch of mountains...🙂...Yes, unfortunate that you ended up with no external lights on the plane, in all darkness...

• Like 1

Fine set Andy, like the sunset..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Excvellent shots, Andy!

Like you I never bothered going there in the sim. Very nice airport indeed. I also liked the Alibaba ad on one of the walls. It's huge in China, so no wonder, you find it in Iran too 🙂

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

21 hours ago, John F said:

The best part for me: those two yellow Peugeot 405 taxis waiting out front. Can't buy a Peugeot here in the States anymore, so I've had to stick with my 33-year-old 1991 model. But a factory in Iran continued turning them out so they're everywhere in Tehran.

Didn't know any of that. No real opinion abouth the cars themselves but I was well pleased with that shot - the light is great

14 hours ago, P_7878 said:

The PH100 seems like a very nice plane to fly in MSFS

Cheers P_7878, and yep, I like the Phenom. Nice lines.

13 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Fine set Andy, like the sunset..

cheers 😉

Thanks pmplayer!

5 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Excvellent shots, Andy!

Like you I never bothered going there in the sim. Very nice airport indeed. I also liked the Alibaba ad on one of the walls. It's huge in China, so no wonder, you find it in Iran too 🙂

Cheers Bernd! That Alibaba ad is one of my favoutite bits of the airport!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.