Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Flying over western Europe do you find recurrent spikes...

Just now, hvw said:

I did use MSFS2020_AutoFPS but I also tried with a sloid TLOD and OLOD of 100 in my FS options. Not much difference in temperature readings though.

I'm going to set up a profile to get TLOD down to 20 at cruise and see what happens in Central Europe next time up

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'm going to set up a profile to get TLOD down to 20 at cruise and see what happens in Central Europe next time up

While using AutoFPS I had TLOD set to 20  when at cruise level. It didn't make much if any difference though. You might have more luck 🙂 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

1 hour ago, hvw said:

While using AutoFPS I had TLOD set to 20  when at cruise level. It didn't make much if any difference though. You might have more luck 🙂 

I wonder what the real cause of this is.  I do wonder if it's just so many objects, enhancements, detail in Europe in general etc that are hard to process such that the sim gets behind then plays catch up, or something along those lines.  In coastal areas like EHAM there is a whole lot of ocean so that will dilute the processing hugely I would imagine.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

I wonder what the real cause of this is.  I do wonder if it's just so many objects, enhancements, detail in Europe in general etc that are hard to process such that the sim gets behind then plays catch up, or something along those lines.  In coastal areas like EHAM there is a whole lot of ocean so that will dilute the processing hugely I would imagine.

Before the misery that we are experiencing started, all was OK. It was as good as it was in for example Spain, Greece a.o. But once of a sudden it all changed, I wished I would have paid more attention at the time of the "transition" and probably would have researched the cause then. We are too late now, I guess. It must have sneaked in with world updates, system updates and so on. As things are now, although temperatures are higher as they used to be, but pretty "controllable" by uninstalling world updates and city updates, I am kind of happy and hoping that next System Update will free us from this "evil".

When I really want to enjoy a flawless flight, I make flights from an airport in Spain to the Canary Islands, Madeira or the Azores. Yes, lots of sea, but mind you, while flying at FL350 and higher there are lots and lots of overcasting clouds below the plane.

Add-ons also might be the cause of slightly higher temperatures. There is an ATC application around, that did raise my CPU temperatures to almost 100 C. Tried to find a solution with the developer, but no cigar. Bye, bye ATC application. I just prefer to keep my rig safe of frying rather than listening to a person telling me where to go and at what flight level. I have been bossed around in my working life more than enough 🙂 

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 5:29 PM, Noel said:

in CPU loading?  At Fiorentoni's suggestion some time ago I disabled photogrammetry and with the new CPU I'm not getting stutters, but at cruise flying from Milan to Amsterdam just about like clockwork every ~10 seconds main thread spikes from around 65% (constantly fluctuating) up to 100%, and with it CPU core temp jumps from around 67C to 89C, then right back down again.  Of note, I am using a fixed TLOD of 100 and OLOD of 100.  Just posting here to see if you can relate to this oddity as I have no explanation for it.  At that altitude I'm puzzled why main thread ever jumps up like that.  And as I'm coming into EHAM on final and taxi to gate all of that cycling disappears and it's pretty steady at around mid 60% for main thread loading and temps stay in the mid 60s. I don't seem to get this over US routes, even over the east where there is generally more development.

Does this happen to you over Western European routes?

Don't have the issue and EHAM is my home base and I'm all over Europe... just wondering here...

Edited by virtualstuff

André

1 hour ago, virtualstuff said:

Don't have the issue and EHAM is my home base and I'm all over Europe... just wondering here...

Maybe it's a server issue I should try connecting to a different server if that's still possible.

Noel

23 minutes ago, Noel said:

Maybe it's a server issue I should try connecting to a different server if that's still possible.

Feel free to try, though I think it's not server related as it's reproducible by flight simmers across the globe (therefore different servers).

All complaints are that the issue is at cruise altitude above the very eastern part of France, predominantly Germany and a small part of Switzerland, IIRC.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

10 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

All complaints are that the issue is at cruise altitude above the very eastern part of France, predominantly Germany and a small part of Switzerland, IIRC.

And yet some say this is where they fly and they don't have this!  

Noel

8 minutes ago, Noel said:

And yet some say this is where they fly and they don't have this!  

True, but have the same people stated whether they have installed all / part /  none of the European WUs and CUs?

Need a control sample, though none forthcoming.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)

This problem started for me when the Dune update came out (I did not install the Dune package itself). Before that, I flew quietly throughout Europe. Well, at least I updated my computer. For now I will refrain from flying from EBBR, EHAM and EDDL

Edited by romaf12008

3 hours ago, F737MAX said:

I route I took thru those areas were the worse for sure.  I just came into EHAM from Bordeaux–Mérignac and no issues even thru an area very close to one that had these demands in CPU for about 50nm coming into Belgium from France starting south of the border but none today.  I am trying crazy low TLOD at cruise, as in 30 or so to see if that has any impact on offsetting some of this.

• Like 1

Noel

12 hours ago, Noel said:

I am trying crazy low TLOD at cruise, as in 30 or so to see if that has any impact on offsetting some of this.

Didn't make any difference here 😞 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Posted (edited)

EHAM<>EGPH flawless flight this morning.  I think tomorrow we're going thru the badlands of Swiss Alps, some eastern France and Germany we'll see what happens there after their reinstall...

Edited by Noel

Noel

3 hours ago, Noel said:

EHAM<>EGPH flawless flight this morning.  I think tomorrow we're going thru the badlands of Swiss Alps, some eastern France and Germany we'll see what happens there after their reinstall...

And you did so on low TLOD and OLOD settings?
Looking forward to hear about your experiences with the Alps, France and Western Germany flight.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

5 hours ago, hvw said:

And you did so on low TLOD and OLOD settings?

Actually no, but I was ready just in case :wink:

• Like 1

Noel