Sign in to follow this  
toby23

Can I use FSUIPC and Axis and Oh's to set up a Stream Deck+?

Do you use FSUIPC or Axis and Oh's to set up your Stream Deck?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use FSUIPC or Axis and Oh's to set up your Stream Deck?

• FSUIPC
    • Axis and Oh's
    • I use both for different things but this causes issues
    • I use both for different things and have no issues

41 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

The RPN code is right there:
(A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC, degrees) (>K:HEADING_BUG_SET)

Just copy&paste this line into the script from your screenshot (ACT_HEADING_TO_AP), replacing the code that is there, then press "Update" (the code in that script is for XPlane and won't work anyway. My mistake, sorry about that).

Thanks Lorby. I'm no stranger to coding for sim controllers, I just haven't learnt your version of it yet.
I have been able to configure slow/fast HDG set on my Stream Deck + Rotary as well as assign the Set Hdg to a tap on the screen of the Stream Deck +.
The info is there but the part about adding a '0' to the 'Left/Right Fast value or the Touch Tap value:' is what I was missing to get this all working.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

5 minutes ago, toby23 said:

Thanks Lorby. I'm no stranger to coding for sim controllers, I just haven't learnt your version of it yet.

Sorry about the confusion with the XPlane scripts. That shouldn't have happened (strange though that nobody noticed that before. Must have been this way for a while)

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

@Lorby_SI Not sure what is going on....here is the script from my install. I have been using this script, as is, unedited for at least 3 years thru several, several versions of A&O.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, level7 said:

If you have FSUIPC, highly recommend PilotsDeck for StreamDeck.

I agree with this. PilotsDeck works very well with Stream Deck Plus (and the other Stream Decks) and lets me make use of FSUIPC7s controls and Lua scripts.

Al

12 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Yes there is. The scripts are listed in the same treelist as the rest of all events. All groups that you find in the Script editor appear as groups in that treelist. 

Hi Lorby,

'Scripts' do not appear in the treelist, I did check twice before posting this message.

As I installed the demo, which contained XP scripts, I'll do a full uninstall/reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, toby23 said:

Scripts' do not appear in the treelist

Be mindful that the script groups themselves appear in the list as if they were events. There is no separate group for scripts, they don't look any different from the rest.

But - that "Scripts" should not be there is just not possible. How do you access the list? Can you post a screenshot?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Be mindful that the script groups themselves appear in the list as if they were events. There is no separate group for scripts, they don't look any different from the rest.

But - that "Scripts" should not be there is just not possible. How do you access the list? Can you post a screenshot?

I saw this image on the A320 Scripts from Flightsim.to and thought that the Scripts are displayed in their own folder, which would make them easy to find in the list but I don't see that folder in my Events list when trying to assign a custom script to a button. I'll check later when I'm finished working.spacer.png

Edited by toby23

11 minutes ago, toby23 said:

Scripts are displayed in their own folder, which would make them easy to find in the list

After a while you will have hundreds if not thousands of scripts, especially when you import the packages from the .to site. That's why the choice was made to organize them in groups, and those groups are on the top level of the treelist, next to the event groups.

I would also recommend using the Filter box. When the dialog opens you can immediately start typing what you are looking for + press Enter. No mouse required.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

Please take note in which script group you have stored your scripts. IIRC, there is a default group called "scripts" but that is just a name.
If you have a created a script group like "Toby's scripts" you will appear under that group name in the Event list.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

7 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

After a while you will have hundreds if not thousands of scripts, especially when you import the packages from the .to site. That's why the choice was made to organize them in groups, and those groups are on the top level of the treelist, next to the event groups.

I would also recommend using the Filter box. When the dialog opens you can immediately start typing what you are looking for + press Enter. No mouse required.

The Scripts are all displaying correctly now. Nothing to see here. Thank you for your advice Lorby.

there always Flightpanels io they have good stuff ( payware though) i use these panels with a mixture of fragility's freeware and works kind of nice with the Fenix 

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +