Sign in to follow this  
psolk

MSFS losing focus while in full screen

I never experienced scuh behaviour.

But I am also out of FG and back to DX11 since more than 1 month.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... 

I'm on the latest Beta and I'm using the focus app, I have not noticed any loss of focus, the only thing I have seen is "Coutal" shuts down once I get to cruise level. I'm also running AutoFPS, FG, and I have just updated to the latest NV driver and updated the DLSS file to 3.7.0.0, it seems to have upped my FPS by at least 15fps.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, psolk said:

COAUTL was the culprit on my end.  I caught it with the focus application that @mwe_EDVK shared earlier.  I also commented earlier that for some reason I was having to re-activate GSX via the toolbar upon arrival whereas in the past I would just have to use the GSX hotkey ctrl+shft+F12 when I landed.  

Sure enough when MSFS lost focus COAUTL ran for some reason and on a whim I checked the toolbar and that was the moment it de-activated itself as well.  

So it appears to be GSX unloading and stealing the focus from MSFS although it is not visible to the end user, MSFS just becomes a stutter fest and clicking on the MSFS (window,) I say window but it is full screen so just clicking on the screen restores performance.  @virtuali was there a change to GSX where it unloads itself at some point in one of the recent updates or is this unexpected behavior? 

I think I found the issue. So far 4 flights without losing focus:

Make sure both couatl64_msfs and Couatl64_boot.exe are not running under administrator. Also, make sure you don't run MSFS under administrator. 

I just had it again and triggered by a couatl64_MSFS.exe crash and restart. I will head to the FSDT forum to share my couatl64_boot.log.

Edited by ttbq1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

many thanks to OP and all participants in this thread, I have this problem for some time now (maybe two months), done many things to find out what was causing it with no avail, deactivated coautl thing and all OK so far.

Note: I never like the idea of that coatul thing since early days of FSX and P3D.

many thanks again to all.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.