Sign in to follow this  
Ident

BS Duke Auto Pilot help requested

I'm hoping someone can help me with figuring out why I can not engage the auto pilot. Every time I try to turn it on it starts to engage (light comes on and the yoke starts to turn or bank to heading) but then shuts off. Normally, this would be a conflict of a hardware controller that is assigned but I can not find any in all my settings that would be the issue. I have both the Honeycomb Bravo and the Real Sim Gear Garmin AP 500. It acts the same on both the ground and inflight. Any thoughts on what I am missing? many thanks for all who help.

On the right side of "interior lights" rheostats  (at bottom of the panel on pilot side) PITCH TRIM switch must be ON

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

The answer is in the  official BKSQ FAQs, so I'm guessing that this is a common mistake.

I always watch a preview flight by by one of the you tubers that get early access that way most first flights go smoothly as they show you stuff like PITCH TRIM switch

Jason Richards

In the manual in the troubleshooting section at the bottom there is actually a question that reads "why can't I turn on the autopilot". 

The pitch trim button and it's purpose is detailed there. As well as in the manual itself. 

Took me a while to find the little switch even when I knew I had to activate it! 

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Ident said:

I'm hoping someone can help me with figuring out why I can not engage the auto pilot. Every time I try to turn it on it starts to engage (light comes on and the yoke starts to turn or bank to heading) but then shuts off. Normally, this would be a conflict of a hardware controller that is assigned but I can not find any in all my settings that would be the issue. I have both the Honeycomb Bravo and the Real Sim Gear Garmin AP 500. It acts the same on both the ground and inflight. Any thoughts on what I am missing? many thanks for all who help.

Was searching for a fix just yesterday as well.  I went through my Honeycomb settings looking for the conflict.  Then watched a YT video and boom!! I learned that the PITCH TRIM switch must be ON.👍