Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

More Carenado Problems

Carenado has yet to release a 'pure' FSX aircraft (The Mooney will be the first), no matter where, or when you purchased it. In addition, the V-Tail Bonanza is one of the earliest models available...the Cessna Centurion probably about the same.

>Carenado has yet to release a 'pure' FSX aircraft (The Mooney>will be the first), no matter where, or when you purchased it.>In addition, the V-Tail Bonanza is one of the earliest models>available...the Cessna Centurion probably about the same.It's shame they don't re-make their aircraft for FSX the right way.I am sure the aircraft would sell. I would get them for sure.

Well, I guess we can add Carenado to the list of irresponsible developers that sell products advertised to be one thing and turn out to be another. This is not a surprise and unfortunately it is getting to be the norm. I'm sure the list of excuses will be forthcoming.As for me, I'll be contacting my credit card company to stop payment to this vendor.fb

Stop blaming Carenado for something that THEY haven't done!You installed SP2 and if you don't like it, do what I did and uninstall it again.It's not Careanado's fault that FSX is not as promised by Aces, 'Backward Compatible'.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave-I hate to be a stickler for details but I have never, ever seen that Aces promised sp2 to be backwards compatible. If you have a quote from some where promising this I'd love to see it. I have seen lots of posts from Phil as to why certain aircraft will not be compatable-and what is needed to "fix" this.The Carenada Bonanza is very old-so old that I can't even re get it. I got it about the same time I was designing my freeware Beech Debonair for fs2002/fs9 (which for me is still the most accurate bonanza and free!). To my knowledge Carenada never updated it for fsx. I never updated mine either-mine doesn't work either in fsx.I don't think Carenado or Aces are to blame-just the reality of the situation.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>Stop blaming Carenado for something that THEY haven't done!Correct. Carenado quickly came out with a patch to run most, if not all their FS9 (and earlier) aircraft in FSX (heck, IIRC the Piper 180 was even released prior to FS9). They have been more than responsible in doing this, and providing these patches for free. To call them irresponsible is unfair.I have all of my Carenado models running with FSX w/SP1. I also enjoy flying my MAAM DC-3. If I will be unable to run these aircraft in FSX w/SP2 then I'm 'staying pat' right now until I can, or replacements/patches are released. Those series of aircraft are the only ones I'm 'concerned' with. If I can run those aircraft above with SP2, I installing it immediately.

>>Stop blaming Carenado for something that THEY haven't done!>>Correct. Carenado quickly came out with a patch to run most,>if not all their FS9 (and earlier) aircraft in FSX (heck, IIRC>the Piper 180 was even released prior to FS9). They have been>more than responsible in doing this, and providing these>patches for free. To call them irresponsible is unfair.>>I have all of my Carenado models running with FSX w/SP1. I>also enjoy flying my MAAM DC-3. If I will be unable to run>these aircraft in FSX w/SP2 then I'm 'staying pat' right now>until I can, or replacements/patches are released. Those>series of aircraft are the only ones I'm 'concerned' with. If>I can run those aircraft above with SP2, I installing it>immediately.>Does the night cockpit lightings work correct?

>Does the night cockpit lightings work correct?In FSX SP1? Not sure what exactly you are asking about, but when I've flown my Carenado aircraft at night (which is rare quite frankly) the night lighting works as well as it did in FS9. In fact, Carenado was one of the best at getting the landing lights working in FSX to an acceptable brightness with their FSX patches.

>>>Does the night cockpit lightings work correct?>>In FSX SP1? >>Not sure what exactly you are asking about, but when I've>flown my Carenado aircraft at night (which is rare quite>frankly) the night lighting works as well as it did in FS9. In>fact, Carenado was one of the best at getting the landing>lights working in FSX to an acceptable brightness with their>FSX patches. >I have FSX SP1 WXP Dx9.0cFor me only once aircraft has gauge and panel lighting in the VC.The V35 in VC for example has only the overhead. There is no panel light and no gauge lighting.

Can't help you there. I have never installed the Bonanza into FSX, and I stopped using it in FS9 long ago. For me, it was just simply way too 'long in the tooth' for my liking when compared to newer offerings.

Well excuse me. Before jumping on me maybe you should get your facts straight. Here is the description paragraph from the Carenado site - concerning the Bonanza."FS2004 and FSX (PATCH FOR FSX INCLUDED!!). Beechcraft V35, registration N6929B. Includes: Interactive virtual cockpit - Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels -Opening doors

You are taking my comments out of context. Carenado has never created a 'pure' FSX aircraft, simply provided a patch for their earlier aircraft to work within FSX. Furthermore, there has never been a statement I have seen yet that Carenado will make any patches for SP2 if necessary. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But again, unless they completely rebuild these aircraft for FSX, they will always be 'patched' FS8/FS9 aircraft for use in FSX. That is simply a fact.The upcoming Mooney may be their first 'pure' FSX aircraft, but there is not really any guarantees of that until we see it. At this point, I am using the Mooney just fine in FSX SP1 by configuring it 'manually'.

I recently purchased their v-tail Bonanza for FSX. The install went perfectly and all seemed well. The aircraft looks great from the outside. However, there is a huge transparent hole in the instrument panel. You can see the ground through this "hole."I attempted to contact Carenado on two occasions but have had no reply. Are these guys still in business and if so, does anyone know how to get their attention.fb

OK, now I'm confused. I re-checked my posts and I never said anything about a "pure" FSX aircraft (whatever "pure" means) released by Carenado. In addition, I never said anything about SP2 - especially since it was just released yesterday (Acceleration and SP2 are not the same). So, whose taking what out of context.Your statement - "But again, unless they completely rebuild these aircraft for FSX, they will always be 'patched' FS8/FS9 aircraft for use in FSX" makes my point exactly. If they patch an aircraft for FSX then it should work in FSX.I'll say it again - if a developer releases a patch or an FSX original design it should work as advertised. This Bonanza does not work. So, I stand by my comments.fb

>More:>>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181972.jpg>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181973.jpg>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181974.jpg> Those are "classic" examples of "SP2-induced" problems. Turn off ALL lights and those "reflective" texture areas should dissappear. Not a great solution but one that has allowed me to continue to fly some of my favorite FS9 inports that worked just fine with FSX-RTM and FSX-SP1. Sp2 changed the freaking rules and previously working FS9 models got PORKED in the process. The transparent VC texture problems can sOMETIMES be cured by changing the panel.cfg "Vcockpitxx" statement:Background_color=0,0,0to Background_color=1,1,1 or 128,128,128 for a grey background. Paul

Wide-5.jpg