Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

BLACK PROP RADIUS ?

After SP2 my FS9 Aircraft in FSX Have a BLACK PROP RADIUS ? can any body please help , Thank you for your time. Regards Shaun (Jabiru)

"May All Your Winds Be Tailwinds."

That's because SP2 requires 100% FSX compatible aircraft - not FS9 aircraft that "used to work". Do a search on "sp2 - backward compatibility" on this forum. There are numerous posts on this subject. Each aircraft's .mdl file now needs to be compiled with an fsx sdk-compliant compiler.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

More that likely, if you load the "prop texture" in Imagetool.exe or DXTBMP.exe, and resave it as a DXT1 with no Alpha it will work again.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For what it is worth, I simply replaced the prop bmp in the texture folders of the aircraft that had the problem with one that worked from another plane.1. Rename the bmp that doesn't work.2. Copy one that does from another aircraft.3. Rename the copied file to the original title from the one that didn't work.For example, I used the bmp file from the Corenado V35 for the Super Constellation, Milton Shupe's D18 and Howard 500, and the Sandim Design Tupolev TU114 . Worked like a charm.Good luck:RTH

I have same problem with Milton Shupe's Spartan.The Spartan has propblade.bmp.The Maule has Prop_Maule.dds.If I change propblade.bmp to propblade.bmp.bak,copy the prop_maule.dds to spartan texture and rename it to propblade.bmp?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.