Sign in to follow this  
Guest _ak

The airbusses for FSX - nothing but hot air?

Correct,Sorry, should have been more specific or used the 'qoute' option.

Ron, thanks for your response.The angle I was looking at, is as the 'Flightzone scenery' that was worked and worked on, until perfect designing had been achieved.This goes to show what is possible with time.Still the best and most realistic scenery of both sims and with negative FPS problems. Sadly, the guys that wrote this code have dissapeared, it seems, into oblivion?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave, the Flightzone scenery is extremely well done for sure but perfection is a strong term for any FS addon.I'm probably viewing this with developers glasses on and those glasses have never seen a perfect FS addon:-)It is not a good thing for the community that the author of this scenery has been laying low and not producing. We've all heard rumours about this but until the parties involved make public statements folks are left to speculate as to when the products and personel will resurface.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

From a user (consumer) POV, I think FSX and the add-on developers' community is really starting to hit its stride. Outside of the airliner community, who only need nice airport scenery to takeoff and land from, most FS9er will be amazed when they finally switch over to FSX.FSX aircraft from quality developers have become really amazing in the past year. Companies like Real Air, Shockwave, Razbam, and Iris on the military/warbird side have made airplanes that look and fly as good as the fake MS DX10 mountain lake screen shot. Dreamfleet and Eaglesoft are among the companies who have done the same with the GA aircraft market.The wait has been frustrating to both consumer and developer alike. However, I see a bright future for FSX add-ons. That makes the kid in me happy.I salute all the develops who have made me smile while flying some new aircraft or looking at some beautiful scenery.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

>>Yeah, Train Sim II is due 2009, so my wild guess at FSXI is>>2011. (Unless you consider FSX+REX=FSXI ;))I think MS has different teams for Core, EPS, TS and FS... If so then maybe we will see a FS11 in 2009 too! What is the FS team doing now? Surely they are working hard on FS11?

Matthew S