Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jwenham

Changes in Real Weather?

I normally fly with ASX althogh sometimes revert to FSX Real Weather. Tonight I was having some problems with ASX! I was getting a "Reinforcing Depiction" message followed by many Wave Effect Strength =1 messages. Which was ok but was causing some stuttering which wasn't there before. So I exited out of FSX and ASX, and restarted FSX and activated Real Weather. I was surprised to get a DNS change warning from my Norton Firewall. A little leary of ok'ing it, I finally did for that session only. I was rewarded by one of the most realistic low level turbulent flight I have had in FS. It reminded m of my very first flight in a Cessna 172 when I was 9 years old. That flight was pretty turbulent itself. Has anybody else noticed any new behavior from FSX Real Weather?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSX real weather option turns out to be pretty good, I think. I usually use that in lieu of ASX. On my system running ASX concurrently slows down FSX alot.

Is there a way you can save a real world weather setting to be used in a later flight? Sometimes you get some interesting scenerios and it would be nice if you could actually save them.

It was a VERY rough ride today - the autoflight system was going nuts because the wind was changing direction and speed every 1 second interval. Which is actually great if you're after absolute realism - but the models I fly do NOT respond well to this sort of thing.However - you can't beat it for realism.