Sign in to follow this  
Art_P

HELP excluding autogen from newly created scenery!!!!

Hello gang!Since there is not an updated AFCAD for SCEL (Santiago Chile) in FSX, I took it upon myself to create one for the community with all the updated taxiways, the new 17R/35L runway, y appropriate parking assignments using AFX. It actually came up pretty nice except that I have trees, houses, and bushes in the middle of the new taxiways and runway. Can anyone help me determine how to exclude this stuff?Thanks a million!As soon as I can resolve this, I'll post the file to the library.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hello Gang!I figured out how to exclude all the junk - AFX actually has an exclusion tool - pretty nice. So that part is done! Now the problem is that my newly created runway shows some parts and the other parts appeard to be sliding under the surface. I have included a picture for your reference. Any ideas how I can resolve that runway issue?Thanks a bunch!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

The problem with the autogen and the flattening of the land should be handled with one of the tools that deal with that area of the SDKs. Either SBuilderX or FSX KML would handle both of the above problems fairly easily.Or you can take the "easy" way out, which is to make an apron area pretty much the same size as the runway and slide it underneath the runway. BINGO! Instant flattening effect.

AhhhhHaaaaaa!Never thought of that! Hmmmm! Will try it tonight and see how that works.Thanks for the hint!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

Hey Meshman!It worked - Thanks!The only bad thing now is that I cannot figure out how to extend the airport's landclass to include that new runway, but everything else is looking good.Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

>Hey Meshman!>>It worked - Thanks!>>The only bad thing now is that I cannot figure out how to>extend the airport's landclass to include that new runway, but>everything else is looking good.>You mean, you want to extend the airport background poly to encompass your runway, don't you?If that is what you mean, then the way I do that is by using FSX_KML. I can give you stepped instructions on how to do it using FSX_KML if you want, it's really pretty fast and simple. You can also use SBuilderX or Shp2Vec but I have not done it that way.Incidentally, I have begun KDFW Terminal D. I was able to extract pretty decent textures from the available photographs last night. I was surprised at how good the textures turned out. I thought the pics were going to be too grainy and too far away to give good textures.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hey Rhett!Great news about KDFW. If you could give me some direction here for the landclass stuff that would be great.Thanks a bunch!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

All right, here's how I do it1) download and install GoogleEarth (aka "GE")1a) make sure you have the FSX SDK installed also.2) in GE, I go to the area you're interested in (in your case SCEL)3) In GE, I use its "polygon" feature (on the GE toolbar at the top) to draw the area that I want my airport background to cover; (sometimes it is useful to select "outline" in GE as a poly option)4) in GE, in the File|Save As.. menu, I save the poly as .kml (it defaults to .kmz, so be very careful about choosing .kml here)5) download and install FSX_KML, set up your preferences6) load your .kml file into FSX_KML7) apply a "tag" to your poly in FSX_KML. The tag you will probably want to use is Airport_Backgrounds_Flatten_MaskClassMap_ExcludeAutoGen7a) one step I almost forgot: For an airport background, you must specify an elevation; in this case, this elevation must match *exactly * with the elevation of your Runway. You set elevation by clicking Edit in FSX_KML, Vertices..., and "Set Elevation" button. This is in meters.8) save in FSX_KML; then click Build... tab in FSX_KML, press "Build"9) your file .bgl will be save in the dir of your choice. That's it, you are done.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

SBuilderX is good and the download includes instructions.ArtNow flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium

Art

SBuilderX works like a champ. You must have the FSX SDK installed first. Install SBuilderX, set edit->preferences to the aerial data source of choice (Google, MS Virtual, Yahoo) set position to the airport lat long, click on view background and SBX downloads the aerials. Following the aerial, draw polygon for the airport background with flatten, mask classmap, and exclude autogen properties set. Set the polygon all points elevation to the airport elevation, minus .05m. Compile, install.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186436.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186437.jpg(In FSX picture I did not exclude the default airport background, so the result is the union of both.)scott s..

Why no highways in the FSX picture?ArtNow flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium

Art