Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grahame Myers

Heads UP!! REALAIR SPITFIRE X Released!!

Guest stevehow

Tally Ho and all that. steve

Dang it looks awesome, though the Euro is killing the dollar right now.....45bucks....yikes!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest S1mPilot

I hear you Ryan. I want this bird bad, but I'm sick of being beaten up by the euro.I'll problably end up buying it because it's made by RealAir.But my gut instinct is just to pass and wait untill Oleg releases Battle of Britain: Storm of War later this year. Then I can have several aircraft from that period for around the same price and I can do more with it than just fly around.But the temptation to fly this thing around the Reno course will problably win the day.

Guest stevehow

Hiif you can stretch to it,it's every bit as good as i thought it would be..actually bought a lump to my throat(don't ask me why i was shocked at my reaction)possibly becuse i can see it has been a labour of love by these guys..it is an amazing aircraft,bought loads of payware,aerosoft twotter,PMDG 747X,realair 260,super80 and LD767,none has effected me like this Spitfire X. steve

"Dang it looks awesome, though the Euro is killing the dollar right now"I completely sympathise with that statement. If you only knew what agonies we went through trying to negotiate the currency exchange problems currently unfolding. In real terms, not just ours, many addons are in Europe about the same price they were seven years ago, despite inflation.But unfortunately either the Euro is excessively high or the dollar is excessively low (I'm not taking sides). Either way our US customers are finding foreign goods expensive at the moment. I really hope that changes soon.Best Wishes,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest S1mPilot

One thing without a doubt, since it's RealAir it will be perfect. And the conversion rates aren't their fault.

... downloading even as we write!Many Thanks RealAir Team!:-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Nils79

Its sooo fantastic!! The flying is so perfect and i love the sound.I never had so much fun with an airplane.Thanks for such a great add-on!! :)

Downloading 'as we speak'....thanks for the heads up.

>But the modelling is fantastic though it was a bit>disappointing that if you lean out you still miss the bottom>parts of the aircraft. A limitation from FS9 which seems>carried over to FSX :(. Had that been fixed I have no clue>what anyone could possible complain about concerning the>model. And it

Well, Bill - I don't know whether to laugh or to cry! I've just had one of the best one-hours' flying sessions in a long time - just doing circuits - some with a bit o' crosswind, plus a few aerobatics over your KRDG! I didn't do it in the 14 - it's just not the light, nimble aeroplane that the 9 is! (I did some, just to get the "feel" admitedly, but it behaves just like the 2004 version with a better slip/spin character). :D I'm astounded that the RealAir team has managed to make the handling so different one to the other. If this is how the r/w Mk.IX behaved I now understand the legendary "hype". It truly is a magnificent aircraft to fly, and so it's now likely that its Big Brother will become a Hangar Queen! :-lolThe crying part is a little tougher to articulate, though: I have a pretty warm machine: use the /3gig mod; use Ken Salter's "Alacrity" but I just had to pull back many of my settings - no traffic, lowest water, minimal clouds, etc.. :-hmmm Compared to all my other aircraft - I think this one is "somewhat" of a frame hog. It's pushing the envelope: I can't say more than that, because, like many others - I've had my share of crashes, OOM's and even with constant defragging and reg cleaning - one can never get back to a "clean" registry unless the OS is rebuilt, and so the pc becomes progressively less capable - but that's what I think I have to do. Nobody said success came easily!But this is sure one great package, and will, just as did the 2004 version, be regarded as a standard of excellence in the Sim community. And a great Biggin Hill, by the way! Many thanks.:-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Incredible. Not typically how I fly, but most definitely a unique experience. As someone who typically navigates with all the modern gauges we become so accustomed to, this is a true challenge in many respects.Beautifully done....will just make you go 'wow'....and per a post above, I'm getting great frame rates, as usual for RA products.....OK....bring on the Duke! :D

I'm encouraged and am doing a full defrag on the drives right now. I hope it's just my system.