Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

Quick question...

is there anyway to "widen" the view out of the windshield in FSX? I use TrackIR, but I thought that I could "zoom" the view out a little more. I've been looking around in the sim and I guess I just haven't figured out if you can do it in FSX or not.Thanks.Dondo

Guest fsxmissionguy

Moving your seat backward in the cockpit has the effect of widening the view out the forward windshield without zooming.Ctrl-Enter moves you backwardCtrl-Backspace moves you forwardThis has limits as you can move yourself so far back that your view is obstructed by your seat. Each plane has a different sized cockpit, so you'll have to play with it a bit depending on which aircraft you are flying.Cheers,

Click in the main FSX window to make it active then just press '-' or '+' (don't forget the shift key if using the main keyboard characters) to bring you eyepoint nearer the panel or further away. This setting will be stored if you save the flight.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I think + / - works the zoom from 0.30 - 1.50 and isn't the same as moving the eyepoint forward/back. I like to zoom out sometimes to .45 or so, and then move forward if necessary to read gauges in the GA aircraft. Doesn't seem as useful for me in the larger aircraft.scott s..

Thanks. It will be interesting to see how this works with TrackIR.

Guest jshyluk

I have the Reset TrackIR button mapped to the keyboard. Lean forward farther than you usually would, then press that button. When you lean back to your normal view, your eyepoint will move back. If you keep that button mapped and ready, you can make all kinds of easy adjustments to your eyepoint as you see fit.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM