Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rpowers

Your heading is incorrect press d to correct?

I keep getting a flying tip that my heading indicator is incorrect and to press d.What does this mean and how do I correct my heading before I get the warning?Thanks,Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Go to your realism settings (under the Aircraft menu) and uncheck the box captioned Gyro Drift (or similar wording). R-

The aircraft's heading indicator is a gyroscopic instrument that drifts off course over time. In the real world you align the heading indicator to match your compass on the ground before departing. During flight it is necessary to periodically realign the heading indicator (also known as a Directional Gyro) which is accomplished only during level flight to insure an accurate compass indication. Unless you enjoy total realism, turning off the drift feature as suggested will work just fine.

I get the same annoying messages and Gyro Drift is UNchecked.

In the real world if you ignore thatannoying warning, you will soon be lost. Such as flying the wrong way!

Well,Please educate us.We don't fly in the real world except commercially so that is why I asked the question.What am I looking for or what do I do to prevent the warning?Thanks,Ron

If the aircraft you are flying is equipped with an HSI, you should never get that warning. It recalibrates itself against a magnet in a convienient place away from interference.Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Thanks for the good info.I am enjoying the learning process.Ron