Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toriu

How to get the ATC to use the correct airline name

How to get the ATC to use the correct airline name? For example when I use the 747-400 with the United paint job,ATC will use ''United'', when I use the British Airways 747-400 ATC should use ''Speed Bird'' but it doesn't although it is in the box. Any help will be most appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Open the aircraft.cfg file for the plane you're flying. Look at sections for each texture you're using and make sure that ATC_airline= matches the paint scheme you're using. For example, ATC_airline=Speedbird or ATC_airline=United, etc.You might also want to download EditVoicepack and use it.http://www.fsonline.dk/en//?title=EditVoicepackJim Dell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Actually it's ATC_airline=Speed Bird (two words)... ;)

FSX does not have an SDK for the VoicePack - so we don't have a list of the default call signs.Remember - you put a computer code into the aircraft.cfg to cause a sound file to play - not the actual airline callsign.Usually the code matches the airline - but it does not have to - you could use 0f3cd325 and it would work just fine.The EditVoicePack for FSX will install a lot of additional call signs.Personally I still use EVP in FS2004 because I can add new ones from downloads or make my own call signs. Just copy the file USEnglishBig.gvp from the FS2004 Sound folder to the FSX Sound/ATC folder.One thing you will want to do with EVP is to have it update the airlines.cfg file.While this file is used mainly to supply choices for you to select in the user aircraft setup window - after EVP updates it - the file will contain all the valid codes for you to use in AI aircraft.cfg files.This airlines.cfg file is in the Aircraft folder in FS2004 and the main folder in FSX.You can download the FS2004 ATC VoicePack SDK here - http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/a...epack_setup.exeYou will find every valid default call sign in the file ATCPhrases.txt under Airline Callsigns.Airline Callsigns AIRLINE SPEED BIRD 0 "Speed Bird" WAVAIRLINE154.WAVThe part in bold is the computer code which has to be entered and the part in quotes is the phrase the people who made the voice recordings were given to speak.One note - I've not found that upper or lower case make a difference in playing the callsign sound file - but I have found that spaces are critical. Especially do not have a space at the end of the aircraft.cfg atc_airline= line.

I changed the Speedbird to Speed Bird as you advised and it worked. I learn something new nearly every day on FSX, I guess that's what makes it so interesting......Thankyou