Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Nismo35

Does ATC ever recognize a touch and go landing? ...

or am I doing something wrong?I request a touch and go, get approved, land, roll for a little bit, and take off again from the same runway. ATC never recognizes this and even gives me another landing approval 1/2 hour later when I'm many miles from the airport. I'm also locked into the airport's ATC and can't contact another tower. I've tried to figure this out for quite a while, but nothing works with the exception of NOT contacting ATC for a touch and go.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"I request a touch and go, get approved, land, roll for a little bit, and take off again from the same runway. ATC never recognizes"That is the way it works in the real world also. Once you request the touch and go and are approved-you are expected to do that-atc will only "recognize" if you do something other than approved-and it usually will not be pretty.I am not sure I understand the other part of your question.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

T&G assumes you are going to do a series of sequential landings/takeoffs from the same airport, and will continue until you finally call for a full-stop landing.Immediately after coming to a full stop, you can request takeoff permission, then proceed on your merry way... ;)

>or am I doing something wrong?>>I request a touch and go, get approved, land, roll for a>little bit, and take off again from the same runway. >>ATC never recognizes this and even gives me another landing>approval 1/2 hour later when I'm many miles from the airport.>I'm also locked into the airport's ATC and can't contact>another tower. >>I've tried to figure this out for quite a while, but nothing>works with the exception of NOT contacting ATC for a touch and>go. After you touch and go just open your flight planner, edit your destination and or flight plan to the same airport or another whether VFR or IFR and other options will come up. Its best to do a gps route to your final destination if you dont feel like messing with extra waypoints. And dont forget to set the cruise altitude to around 2500 AGL so they don't make you climb out to heaven again.

After I do my touch and go ....I select - Full stop landing and then cancel landing intentions. This allows me to continue flight to another airport.Ron

You have to "cancel landing intentions" when you want to depart the area. If you rqst T+G's, they will expect you to keep flying the pattern.

Thanks for all the prompt replies.OK, I got it now. I usually do cancel landing intentions if that's available to me. Sometimes it isn't. But at least I now know why I never here from ATC again. This always miffed me and I didn't want to ask the "stupid question." :-shy