Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest pwheeler

FSWC IS OFFICIALLY ......

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice pics Nick ;)Cheers to Paul & Ashton for their hard work on this program! It's quite amazing.

Paul and Ashton have really outdone themselvesIts the best in-flight visual tweaking tool I have yet to use.

So, if it's going to be free, and its in beta ... how come we can't participate in the beta? Especially those of us who have websites where we could provide free publicity?

I would never recommend a "public beta". Beta testing is an important job. Input from inexperienced testers can be difficult to translate into useful information and in the worst case, the preliminary nature of a product becomes identified as flawed by people who don't understand.In addition, the developer can never be sure that the beta version will disappear when the final version is released.

Hmmm,Interesting viewpoint.I'm currently running a public beta, and while certainly there are pros and cons to doing so, there are also pros and cons to having too closed a beta I think.I was just curious what the guy producing the software thought.Nick ... are you at liberty to tell us how long the beta period is expected to be?

I can assure everyone that, unless something catastrophic happens, the beta testing period will be very short (emphasis on the 'very').Ashton is fixing errors quicker than we can come up with them.There is a feature lock in place. We will be adding a few new features, but they will be in patches after the initial release.Expect release early in July (fingers crossed).PaulP.S. there are loads of preview shots here:http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...howtopic=147451