Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lost16

POSKY B737 for FSX

With everyone following the saga of getting the POSKY B777 to work with FSX, has anyone followed up on this? http://forum.projectopensky.com/index.php?...6&hl=737+VC+fsxI managed to get the default B737 VC installed in a POSKY B737-800 and 700 model but ran into two problems. First I coulnd't match the exact viewpoint in the FSX B737 VC, so instead of being in the seat, I am in the seat back, Secondly, the controls don't work when using the mouse. Asking about this got the standard, "We do not support this.", even though they enabled this for FSX. Glad to get a working VC, even if I have to do the legwork myself. So I'm throwing the question out on this forum Any ideas?Will

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not trying to be a jerk, but if you can't get a custom VC, then whats the point? The default 737 model looks fine. It's the lack of funtionality (system simulation, FMC, callouts, etc.) in the cockpit that makes me crave a good addon one.

HelloDefault B737 + Earnie Alstons ISG Integrated Simavionics + Dave March'sFlight Deck Companion will do for me until PMDG's new 737 gets releasedIf i am still alive by then !

Yes, but how else can you get a VC for a -700 or -600 that works in FSX? My problem was just getting the default cockpit controls to function in the merge just like the FSX 738. That was my question.Will

Yea I to would like to have the default FSX VC clickable on the posky 737, yes it is only the default VC but its better than nothing on such on a great model.Anyone got any idea on how to get it clickable?Regards, Scott

You do know that the PMDG 737 98% works in FSX? Just don't update it beyond 1.1 I believe. The only major problem that I've found is that the navigation system seems to lose your correct potition over time. Not sure if there is a work around for this other than to use VOR to VOR navigation and not rely on the FMC.

>Yea I to would like to have the default FSX VC clickable on>the posky 737, yes it is only the default VC but its better>than nothing on such on a great model.>>Anyone got any idea on how to get it clickable?>I have the POSKY 600 merged with the 738 VC and it's all clickable. The secret is in position. For example, when looking at the center console could I not tune the radios. But with a zoom in, they started working. I then opened the aircraft.cfg file and modified the camera x,y,z position to get the initial view closer.When too far away, there are walls, panels, etc... that are not visible to you but prevent click functions. That's the best I can say. Oh, and anytime you change the eyepoint line in the aircraft.cfg, odds are the various camera views will need to be readjusted.Phill