Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Skybus goes live

Well, this is an interesting airline that I've read a little about before, seems they start service tomorrow, for $10 a ticket (not all tickets are this low) they could cramp me into the most uncomfortable seat they could imagine. Looks like they're using an Airbus 319 from the picture on this article.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18785438/Edit to say, from looking at their route map, I'm shocked they don't offer service to my hometwon, Las Vegas, that would be at least a third of their ticket sales even among all the other destinations. Edit again to say, that I just realized how much even a single gate at KLAS would cost them, and though LA is offered, I don't see them getting any ramp space at KLAX, must be Ontario, Burbank, Long Beach, or even John Wayne, all of those are kind of far, Long Beach being the closest from what I remember.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

lolyou already have every flight in the US (and beyond) going into Las Vegas - I cant believe the price breaks LAS has.I am your friend, believe me. I grew up in Vegas and go back twice a year from Portland OR. What kills me you can get a ticket from Buffalo NY to vegas for $102$, For me at less than half that distance it is $205.Here is the kicker, my folks fly up from Vegas for $89 bucks, same route just a different origin (PDX vs LAS)You guys have it made (like ATL, Newark, ect all the big hubs)all above said in jest with a smile on my face, dont get mad.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

It's true, I used to get tickets on Allegiant for $49 to and from Oklahoma City, that is until Allegiant stopped service to OKC, I had it made.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I fly down to the Pasco airport just so I can take Allegiant flights. In the end it only costs me $40 to fly down there myself and thats what it would cost me in gas and parking. Everyone asks me if I work for the airline when I bring my flight bag on board

You do know that the route map is a bit of creative advertising?Los Angels is BurbankSan Francisco is OaklandSeattle is Bellingham - 90 miles awayBoston is Portsmouth, NH - 60 miles away