Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Dynamic head movement - is it adjustable ?

HiAs the subject says, really. I don't wish to turn it off, rather, tone it down a bit so it's not quite so "wobbly" !!!ThanksGary

Hi Gary, Yes you can adjust the parameters under the {Dynamic Head Movement} section in the fsx.cfg file.Regards, Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

I sought to do the same. I see a couple of different versions in my various saved FSX.cfg files:My newly rebuilt cfg hasHeadMoveTimeConstant=0.200000One saved version isHeadMoveTimeConstant=0.150000and I may have gone down to .10 or .05MaxHeadAngle=5.000000 could also be reduced and evaluated; seems like I had also changed this before.Don't hesitate to experiment. You can always return to the default if you've saved a copy.Loyd

Thanks for the replies, guys.However, i think i may have thrown you a bit of a curve ball. What i actually want to adjust is the speed of the mouse pan and reduce the amount of movement that continues on after stopping the panning - hysteresis i suppose you'd call it.Hoping i'm making some sense...Gary

>>movement that continues on after stopping the panning<

>>>movement that continues on after stopping the panning<<>>Gary, did you ever get this figured out. I have the same>question.>Unfortunately not.I was trying to emulate the operation of Active Camera (for FS9) where the mouse panning stops immediately after releasing the center mouse button.For me, i find the mouse movement in FSX just too vague.Gary