Sign in to follow this  
Guest thx1137

NEW FSX. 4 Boeing 737-800 X2 Aircraft

Guest jlm

Oh and in reference to the comments made on the forum reference RyanAir approaches, you'll actually find they are the most compliant with all SOPS, have the highest compliance with CDA approaches of any operator in the UK, all their aircraft are fitted with a Snitch machine, to ensure they fly withing the guides and rules. The old ryanair of the bomber approaches as long long gone, there may be some funny shanigans going on in the cabin etc, but the flightdeck of these aircraft are probably amongst the highest standards now of any airline operating in europe.Just a joke James, trying to lighten the spirit of the thread, and I also appreciate what you say is well the case concerning standards, i'm a regular reader of pprune etc.having said that there continue to be incidents, not necessarily more than airlines of equivalent size, I wouldn't know, not the bird strike type, thinking more about non respect of minimum altitudes and speed restrictions. interesting about the snitch machine, didn't know that. john

Guest jlm
Ariane need to fix these issues, increase its functionality, add some liveries for free(Not an issue that they still sell some others at cost) and then if they sold it for say 79.99 for new users, and a 10.00 charge upgrade for existing users then it would be in my eyes a worthwhile purchase. Or if they cant do this then sell it for

An interesting thread all around, with lots of useful comments, because I also want a 737 - and I probably will try the Ariane beast! Given the standard of living most of us enjoy, the amount of work that goes into producing a high-end airliner, and the fact that addons have only very slowly increased in price over the years - I'm not too put off by the price. I do want our devs around next year and the year after!In the same light I also want to continue to read input from both David and from Bob: both are aviation and sim enthusiasts, and are both good guys, and have had lots of helpful input. This is a hobby that we all enjoy: lets keep it that way, OK? David - give Bob a hug: :( Bob - give David a hug. :( Shake hands, then go over to Leonardo SH and each buy a Maddog! Now THERE'S an aircraft!!! :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest UlfB
An interesting thread all around, with lots of useful comments, because I also want a 737 - and I probably will try the Ariane beast! Given the standard of living most of us enjoy, the amount of work that goes into producing a high-end airliner, and the fact that addons have only very slowly increased in price over the years - I'm not too put off by the price. I do want our devs around next year and the year after!In the same light I also want to continue to read input from both David and from Bob: both are aviation and sim enthusiasts, and are both good guys, and have had lots of helpful input. This is a hobby that we all enjoy: lets keep it that way, OK? David - give Bob a hug: :( Bob - give David a hug. :( Shake hands, then go over to Leonardo SH and each buy a Maddog! Now THERE'S an aircraft!!! :(
Befor you buy that bird you might translate and read this review: http://simflight.de/2009/03/review-ariane-737-800-x2/I'll try to translate the conclusion:ProsHarmonic environment (Stimmige Atmosph

Careful now, Ulf! I know what you're doing! You're pushin' Bobby's buttons again, aren't ya? :( He's goin' ta get all fired up and start foaming at the mouth, and then somebody else is going to chime in and say you're wrong - they're a great company, and' we're going to go 'round all night! 23 pages!!! Dirk98 has set a record!! Tom's going to charge us rent! :( :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

OK guys,Bob, aka signmanbob has been temporarily suspended.His account will not be functional until April 30th.Some will agree, some not.There is no reason to penalize everybody by locking this thread and I ask you to centralize your comments on the 737 and from now, please avoid personal arguments and comments about Ariane Design.Everything has been said already...Thanks :-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Jeffreymg
OK guys,Bob, aka signmanbob has been temporarily suspended.His account will not be functional until April 30th.Some will agree, some not.There is no reason to penalize everybody by locking this thread and I ask you to centralize your comments on the 737 and from now, please avoid personal arguments and comments about Ariane Design.Everything has been said already...Thanks :-)
David,Why was Bob suspened?Can you give us a explaination? JeffG

David,Why was Bob suspened?Can you give us a explaination? JeffG
The explanation is in his last post.Now, back to what is really interesting us, Ariane's 737 for FSX.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

James, I agree with you that missing features out is not acceptable when claiming to be a high end product, and I did note that in my post. I also mentioned that it would not escape attention in a review too. I just think it's an interesting notion to consider 'how real is real enough' when it comes to simulating an airliner intended for flying simulated flights. Do we want to see pages on the FMC that perhaps only technicians would play around with on a regular basis, or are we happy to miss those out and still consider a simulated airliner 'high end' if it has other stuff instead? Maybe we deserve all of it for 70 quid.We already know that the Ariane 737 misses one of the typical FMC functions out (that being the 'Fix' page), and yes we've heard the argument that a fix for the fix is on the way, but what about the more esoteric stuff? If that's missing, or there, is it a deal maker/breaker for people? Just curious to know what people think more than anything.Personally I can live without the unusual stuff on FMCs, but as I think I already mentioned a while back, I certainly would like to see some of the more modern new gizmos cropping up on the 737NG being included, such as the VSD (which isn't there on the Ariane 737). The Ariane 737 has a nice rendition of the airstairs and support vehicles, but I'd rather have the VSD than those, although I admit the ground power trolley being connected up is quite cool.Similarly, the Ariane 737 has a good simulation of the galley and cabin crew functions, but personally I'd rather have the screen go black when I went up to 14,000 feet without pressurising the aircraft properly than the abiliity to simulate the cabin anouncements myself (I seem to recall the Wilco 737 for Fly! did that). But by the same token, on a real airliner the flight deck crew do have to keep the cabin crew informed of what is happening so that they can make anouncements, and they have to factor in that stuff at various stages of the flight, so what might seem a trivial feature to me is actually one that contributes to its 'realism'. And yet there are many high end add-on aircraft that do not feature that stuff at all, so does that make them incomplete in a worse way than a missing FMC feature?The ability to play music over the speaker system in the Ariane 737 is clearly realistic, since it usually happens on 737 flights, but is it better to be able to do that than to be able to type in the weight exactly how it is done on a real aircraft? Again, you can remove the undercarriage pins from the Ariane 737, but you can't steer the nose wheel with the tiller in the virtual cockpit. These are all features of the real aircraft and indeed the flights they make, but some will matter more than others depending on what is your perception of things.I hope you see what I'm driving at here, basically one person's ideal is another's lack of features, and I think what I've seen in the Ariane 737 is not a lack of features per se, just a different priority as to which ones there are.I'd certainly be interested to hear other people's thoughts on these matters with regard to what they personally like to see and what they can live without.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Jeffreymg
The explanation is in his last post.Now, back to what is really interesting us, Ariane's 737 for FSX.
His last post says: VNAV has worked since the FS9 versions. I just did a flight in my -800 for FS9 last night in VNAV, climb and decentI have the 800 series for FS9 and the 900 V1 adv for FSX and if the flight plan has all the correct nav information as constraints and sids,stars, and all your vertical nav information it works fine. JeffG

His last post says: VNAV has worked since the FS9 versions. I just did a flight in my -800 for FS9 last night in VNAV, climb and decentI have the 800 series for FS9 and the 900 V1 adv for FSX and if the flight plan has all the correct nav information as constraints and sids,stars, and all your vertical nav information it works fine. JeffG
Please Jeff....Thx

Best regards,
David Roch

The ability to play music over the speaker system in the Ariane 737 is clearly realistic, since it usually happens on 737 flights, but is it better to be able to do that than to be able to type in the weight exactly how it is done on a real aircraft? Al
Where did you find that Al? Maybe I need to read the manual more- .....Thanks, Bruce.

There's a galley station in the ariane 737, if you hit 'A' on the keyboard a few times you'll get to it. You'll see a fair representation of the real thing in a 737NG and on it there are some switches, try em out. Mostly it does stuff like locking the doors and deploying the airstairs etc, but it also controls the cabin announcements.You'll find one of the buttons plays a wav file which is located in the Ariane sound folder, that file is called 'flytunes_1', it being the typical sort of cheesy calming music airlines play to prevent passengers from attacking the cabin crew when they've been in a holding pattern for twenty five minutes. So I assume if you put another one in there and name it the same, you could have it play any tune you like (maybe Nine Inch Nails or perhaps Led Zeppelin might make a change). I think I'm right in saying that it can actually play more than one tune, I vaguely recall reading that it was two that it was capable of, but don't take that as gospel, it may play more than that, so I assume if you name a wav file 'flytunes_2' it might pick that up as another choice you could get it to play.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

perhaps Led Zeppelin might make a change
Yeah! "Stairway to Heaven" just after the boarding! :-)Nice feature BTW

Best regards,
David Roch

All good points Al,However, my opinion is that products of a similar (or even cheaper) price do include all these functions as a matter of standard. I don't have a problem with going to a FS menu to change fuel as this doesn't have a function once the plane is airborne, however not being able to enter the fuel figure in a semi-realistic way for this amount of money is not fair. The blurb on their website would have you believe this is the best and most professional product on the market (for fs9 or fsx).I fly 757/767. All the routes are entered manually. It takes much less then 10 minutes with the usual airway to airway method - I'd be interested to hear if this method works. It is only the very large airlines that will pay for stored routes in the database or have functional ACARS.I agree fiddling with the FMC is maybe not the best idea, but in day-to-day flying VNAV which sticks to constraints is a given, as is the fix page and a nav database. The fix page is by far the easiest way to work out track miles when being vectored and is useful for working out MSAs. It can't be counted as one of the 'hidden' features - Boeing/Honeywell deem it important enough to have it's own button!Believe me, I'm not someone who expects a sim. to be 100%. I'm continually amazed how close to reality flight sim is becoming. Other 3rd-parties don't seem to have any trouble with these features. At the moment, apart from a nice VC, I can't see what you're paying all the money for. Not the systems, not the FMC and no huge amount of liveries.Mike