Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DougHillman

Curtis P-40

A lot of time and effort have been lavished on the P-51 Mustang by a large number of skilled artisans. We have a multitude of those fine old warbirds to choose from that are free, and that challenge the standards of today's finer payware.But for some reason, the P-40 has continued to languish in the background. Through the years I have downloaded and installed several offerings done by different people. And even though I appreciated their efforts and generosity, the results simply did not measure up to today's standards, both in external views, cockpit views and, sometimes, flight models.There may be a really nice one out there somewhere but I have not run across it. Can someone point me to one that is really well-done?Thanks!Dewey

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>A lot of time and effort have been lavished on the P-51>Mustang by a large number of skilled artisans. We have a>multitude of those fine old warbirds to choose from that are>free, and that challenge the standards of today's finer>payware.>>But for some reason, the P-40 has continued to languish in the>background. Through the years I have downloaded and installed>several offerings done by different people. And even though I>appreciated their efforts and generosity, the results simply>did not measure up to today's standards, both in external>views, cockpit views and, sometimes, flight models.>>There may be a really nice one out there somewhere but I have>not run across it. Can someone point me to one that is really>well-done?>>Thanks!>>Dewey While others have already pointed you to the proper place, I'd rather teach a man to fish than to give him one.Seriously folks. Google!"P-40 FSX" or "P-40 Flight Simulator" or ANYTHING of the sort woulda led you right to the A2A (formerly Shockwave) P-40.

A lot of time and effort have been lavished on the P-51 Mustang by a large number of skilled artisans. We have a multitude of those fine old warbirds to choose from that are free, and that challenge the standards of today's finer payware.But for some reason, the P-40 has continued to languish in the background. Through the years I have downloaded and installed several offerings done by different people. And even though I appreciated their efforts and generosity, the results simply did not measure up to today's standards, both in external views, cockpit views and, sometimes, flight models.There may be a really nice one out there somewhere but I have not run across it. Can someone point me to one that is really well-done?Thanks!Dewey
Iris Simulations makes a P-40E model. It is not as complex as the A2A model however, it is cheaper.John