Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenery Preview - KBIH Eastern Sierra Regional (Bishop, CA)

Featured Replies

My summertime scenery blitz is starting to wind down I think...it will get cooler soon and my wife would appreciate taking long walks instead of my hours spent with the MSFS SDK 😅

There are still a couple airports I wanted to get to though, and this is one of them. Eastern Sierra Regional Airport in Bishop, CA. This is a large but quiet airfield in California's remote, beautiful, and mysterious Owens Valley. It also has airline service that United restarted in 2022 from SFO and DEN, so an important field for the region.

There are very interesting flights to be had in the Eastern Sierra, and some great existing freeware scenery nearby, so hopefully mine will add to the mix. Some standouts are O24 (Lee Vining) and O26 (Lone Pine), both in this region and very well done by other creators.

There is still a lot to do on this scenery, such as ground, airfield, and perimeter updates, but it is starting to come together.

5bfbf99a570604c335727cf2f7b88fc58ae13128

b40f41df0c379c53aec411378d895869c2f96e81

abefeb9624070401fe63cc74f2492b6cf22169db

6ec2f9f0b0e48c74397939622211cb59d357a81f

After all these years someone is finally doing Bishop. I have been asking for it since FSX days. Thanks for doing it.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 64GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

  • Author
4 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

After all these years someone is finally doing Bishop. I have been asking for it since FSX days. Thanks for doing it.

No kidding, me too. Thought someone would get to it, but got tired of waiting...

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Eastern Sierra Regional is nearly done, just doing some final testing in 20 and 24. Ended up needing to redo the taxiways and runways and several apron areas because default MSFS data was wrong (again)...

8a8fb0938122a94286bcfd74514ef2794cf0561b

ee277f60c463e253f84969f8e2cc7709bfb2ae7e

6ad0b06f748abdcb452b3c7b1a3b11f89f858eb5

b2dc022802c461f09da5c876ef5c5a02923cd24f

d96a671955329edfd6d81ea43cfa24c7caf3d835

17f2591ced7096717ae573b4c1f9815238bb7d1e

5afe46479d12c725f3c7146886f3a1bc4f408f58

120027785100091092cadb58a5e8e7a68b1adeb9

Very nice! One thing I noticed when I flew in today. I had a 737 parked about where the United plane is in your last screenshot, but it was floating about 10' off the ramp (yes, with all it's gear in place😁). I know this is coming from my traffic program and is not a static plane placed by you, but any idea why it might be floating like that? All other injected planes were solidly on the ramp.

Be gentle with me, what I know about scenery development wouldn't fill a thimble!

Regardless, great to have a new airport in the eastern Sierra region.

Scott

  • Author
3 hours ago, tttocs said:

Very nice! One thing I noticed when I flew in today. I had a 737 parked about where the United plane is in your last screenshot, but it was floating about 10' off the ramp (yes, with all it's gear in place😁). I know this is coming from my traffic program and is not a static plane placed by you, but any idea why it might be floating like that? All other injected planes were solidly on the ramp.

Be gentle with me, what I know about scenery development wouldn't fill a thimble!

Regardless, great to have a new airport in the eastern Sierra region.

Scott

I looked up the issue and it seems there are a couple things that can cause this in MSFS24:

1. Faulty contact points for that specific AI aircraft
2. Data lag or bug in SimConnect when traffic injector is working. The injector reads the default mesh instead of the airport elevation. The aircraft might snap to the actual ground when it starts moving or taxiing.

I thought it might be an issue with mismatch between the parking spots I created and the airport elevation, but if that were the case, everything would be floating everywhere.

My guess is most likely #2 is what's going on...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.