Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GPU Spike After Long Session

Featured Replies

I am using MSFS 2020 and rarely take a flight more then 2 hours. This AM I wanted to check some of my graphics settings, so I set up at KCLE airport and then checked my settings. I went back to the plane and just let it sit there at the gate basically cold and dark with just ground power on. I came back about 4 hours later and noticed my GPU said 99% while the CPU was in the single digits. Things were working but very slowly.

I was using GSX/SpadNext/SimApp Pro/Mobiflight and a couple of others. Nothing new to the sim and I have never seen this before when actually flying.

Any thoughts? Thx.

John

SimAppPro AND Mobiflight...for what? I seem to remember from release notes recently for both SimAppPro and GSX something about memory usage, but don't recall the details. I have also seen it questioned whether SimAppPro and Mobiflight played well together. Something to research/consider.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k • Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 • 32GB DDR4 2666 • EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

  • Author
9 hours ago, somiller said:

SimAppPro AND Mobiflight...for what? I seem to remember from release notes recently for both SimAppPro and GSX something about memory usage, but don't recall the details. I have also seen it questioned whether SimAppPro and Mobiflight played well together. Something to research/consider.

I did have a recent update for SimAppPro. I'll check into that one. I use Mobiflight to connect the Core Flight 737 Overhead. When I set it up several months ago, there was no SpadNext interface available at that time. It has worked perfectly for me without issues. SimAppPro for the Winctrl devices is what I se there.

Thanks for your reply.

John

I went back through release notes for GSX and SimAppPro and didn't see anything about memory for GSX back through Aug. 30 update. In update 1.17.4 for SimAppPro: "2.Fixed the memory leak problem in SimLogic."

I don't know if that contributed to your issue, but there it is.

;

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k • Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 • 32GB DDR4 2666 • EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

  • Author
22 hours ago, somiller said:

I went back through release notes for GSX and SimAppPro and didn't see anything about memory for GSX back through Aug. 30 update. In update 1.17.4 for SimAppPro: "2.Fixed the memory leak problem in SimLogic."

I don't know if that contributed to your issue, but there it is.

I am using SimApp version 1.17.7, so I don't think that was it. I have had it up and running on and off with a couple of flights for the last 2 days without any issues. I am thinking something was running that was hitting my card. A lot of addons make something always likely. Again, thanks for your replies.

John

;

I had the same thing happen to me, but with msfs 2024. I was flying the aerosoft crj900 and left it at the gate on batteries. I had to go do some stuff and came back my computer was a complete slug. Something is going on with the sims over time. Hope they can figure this out.

I'm going to follow this to see if anyone has any ideas,

thanks

anthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 11, gtx 4070 Super

  • Author
11 minutes ago, Anthony25368 said:

I had the same thing happen to me, but with msfs 2024. I was flying the aerosoft crj900 and left it at the gate on batteries. I had to go do some stuff and came back my computer was a complete slug. Something is going on with the sims over time. Hope they can figure this out.

I'm going to follow this to see if anyone has any ideas,

thanks

anthony

Yep, it is hard to know exactly what might be causing things. I have Terrain LOD and Objects LOD at 150 so maybe over time that "eats" up things? I do have an RTX 5090 so I was hoping for smooth sailing:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.