Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenery Preview - Tracy Municipal, CA (KTCY)

Featured Replies

Making good progress with KTCY. Tracy is not very well-known outside of northern California, but this is a great GA location a short flight east of Oakland and KCCR/KLVK. It hosts popular fly-ins and has nice facilities, with a large ramp and city park right by the FBO.

As usual, the default MSFS data was all wrong, so I had to delete and redo the runways and taxiways. Terraforming is a little annoying, as there is a slope I can’t totally get rid of where the west hangars and water treatment plant are. The water treatment plant is a prominent feature at the actual airport, and MSFS AI put huge hangars there instead, so I did a rough low poly version of it to appear properly from the air.

Quite a bit more to do, like assigning parking, finishing out the taxi guidelines that vanished when I deleted the taxiways, and airfield/parking clutter.

6bf54a40ec63aea4ba10ce577677a7400e2fb464

a4ef5f8981beb17183dbbd00ef69d57cdb0251fa

03ecc38bc0917f5310860602fd97fce9f7fa2e2c

184750d2ec241b6570974c3b5268d324dabb9ba3

91980ab922449314ab83ca40cdbee5016288a706

  • Author

First round of testing under way in 24 as well

3d220e7e2c97da60562c510f82dfc26bebbd7fbe

571ac31d25d82f6b12e04ec3839cf172fb2cc62e

I CFIed out of KLVK 12 years ago. Spent a lot of time at Tracy. Would you ever be willing to produce KLVK scenery?

FAA: ATP-ME, 737 CA, enough time in the 757/767 to be dangerous 🤠

Matt Kubanda, 7950X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 5090@4k, MSFS 2024

 

 

 

  • Author
4 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I CFIed out of KLVK 12 years ago. Spent a lot of time at Tracy. Would you ever be willing to produce KLVK scenery?

No kidding? I used to fly into KLVK quite a bit about 8 years before you.

Sorry, my goal is to fill gaps and cover airports others haven't done. There is already a very thorough payware for KLVK by Spinoza...

KLVK LIVERMORE AIRPORT · Unofficial MSFS Marketplace Browser

1 hour ago, Nandengo12 said:

No kidding? I used to fly into KLVK quite a bit about 8 years before you.

Sorry, my goal is to fill gaps and cover airports others haven't done. There is already a very thorough payware for KLVK by Spinoza...

KLVK LIVERMORE AIRPORT · Unofficial MSFS Marketplace Browser

Yep! I was at Ahart aviation before it went sideways.

Thanks for the heads up of the LVK already made looks very nice. Never knew it existed.

Edited by ahsmatt7

FAA: ATP-ME, 737 CA, enough time in the 757/767 to be dangerous 🤠

Matt Kubanda, 7950X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 5090@4k, MSFS 2024

 

 

 

  • Author
10 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Yep! I was at Ahart aviation before it went sideways.

Thanks for the heads up of the LVK already made looks very nice. Never knew it existed.

No worries, I love that scenery, one of their best IMO.

Wow I just read about the Ahart saga...what a mess! The guy who ran them into the ground apparently went AWOL and can't be found. ☹️

Edited by Nandengo12

I used to drop into here in the old commodore Amiga Cessna with the Northern California scenery disk in the late 80’s

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

  • Author
43 minutes ago, jon b said:

I used to drop into here in the old commodore Amiga Cessna with the Northern California scenery disk in the late 80’s

Wow no kidding! 😅 I remember the Amiga, I was a kid at the time and played Earl Weaver baseball on it.

Here is the Amiga scenery for the Bay Area

S9ZApWh.jpeg

Ah wonderful 😀 Part graphics and pure imagination to fill in the gaps !

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.