Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weird iFly 737MAX Rudder Issue

Featured Replies

I’m at wit’s end with the rudder pedals no longer working with the iFly MAX. They simply stopped working in this sim (they work fine in the Fenix and regular FS2024 aircraft). No matter what I do, they don't show any response in the sim. I unplugged my pedals and used the twist axis on my joystick, no change. Even if I assign keyboard commands they don't move. I have toe brakes enable and there is no response there either. After trying dozens of edits to the control bindings, I finally deleted the MAX and reinstalled, hoping that would fix the problem. No luck. I’ve got my Thrustmaster pedals assigned as the rudder axis (Axis Z) and there are no conflicts with other devices. It’s almost like they are somehow locked out by the sim. Is there some iFly setting that I may have triggered to disable them? I've loved flying the MAX lately but without functional rudder control, it's impossible to use it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Can't say I've heard of this one. There are no rudder lockout options in the iFly settings, I don't think.

Question: are you using the normal sim controls menu to assign controls, or are you using a third party utility like FSUIPC?

Andrew Crowley

Steering pin inserted and single axis for rudder & steering ?

Make sure it is not, on ground after calling for pushback - check on the EFB page that controls ground services / connections.

Edited by jcomm

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

If all else fails uninstall/reinstall and that will likely resolve the issue.

Noel

System:  9900X3D Noctua NH-D15 G2, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL  64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Front Edge Sync.

Aircraft used in MSFS 2024:  Fenix A320,  Aerosoft CRJs, I-Fly 737 MAX 8, PMDG 777-200LR, Citation Longitude.

 

12 hours ago, jcomm said:

Steering pin inserted and single axis for rudder & steering ?

That's a good thought.

Andrew Crowley

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.