Everything posted by 11bee
-
I really like BeyondATC BUT....
I disagree on vectors improving. Nearly every STAR I fly has me headed to a proper LOC intercept. Until BATC starts issuing vectors to final. Flying into KPVD, I was on a 90-degree intercept off the STAR and BATC told me to turn right 60 degrees. Then turn right another 60 and then left 10 and so on and so on. I've given up on it's ability to provide even remotely realistic vectors and simply use it for ground ops and AI traffic. It was actually trending in a good direct about 6 months ago but since then, it's been regressing. I'm glad they are adding "fluff" to it but IMO, they need to but all their focus into fixing the broken logic behind it's vectoring.
-
Weird iFly 737MAX Rudder Issue
I’m at wit’s end with the rudder pedals no longer working with the iFly MAX. They simply stopped working in this sim (they work fine in the Fenix and regular FS2024 aircraft). No matter what I do, they don't show any response in the sim. I unplugged my pedals and used the twist axis on my joystick, no change. Even if I assign keyboard commands they don't move. I have toe brakes enable and there is no response there either. After trying dozens of edits to the control bindings, I finally deleted the MAX and reinstalled, hoping that would fix the problem. No luck. I’ve got my Thrustmaster pedals assigned as the rudder axis (Axis Z) and there are no conflicts with other devices. It’s almost like they are somehow locked out by the sim. Is there some iFly setting that I may have triggered to disable them? I've loved flying the MAX lately but without functional rudder control, it's impossible to use it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
-
MSFS2024 and Ifly737
On a semi-related note - is there any kind of reference out there that details the airline-specific options for the MAX? The iFly probably has a dozen options that can be selected, from type of flight director to how the RADALT counts down the altitude over the runway when landing. I'd love to be able set up "my" jet in replicate it's RL airline configuration. I think at one point PMDG had something like this for the NG's.
-
Cessna 414
Still hope someone will do a C402. Cape Air is my local airline and they still fly dozens of them.
-
MSFS2024 and Ifly737
So how exactly has the iFly's MSFS2024's "experiment" status impacted your sim experience?
-
MSFS2024 and Ifly737
So, the ultimate is result of the long thread is that if you are flying the iFly MAX as the KC-737 tanker variant, it's hopelessly botched and unflyable. Otherwise, all is well.
-
FlightFX Citation X V2 Releases Today
These days I'm pretty much just flying the iFly MAX and Fenix. Been thinking about getting a high-fidelity bizjet for something different. I haven't followed the discussion on this product. How would you guys rate this one, both from a system fidelity and a handling perspective? Is this now at the top of the biz jet pyramid for FS2024?
-
MSFS2024 and Ifly737
Nice flex but it should be noted that there is another poster here who is currently a RL MAX pilot and his views of this sim (and the PMDG product) seem to be just a bit different than yours. I for one am very content with the MAX in it's current (V2) state. It's undoubtedly not "perfect" but for me, I find it to be incredibly rewarding, more so than the PMDG product (and this isn't a slag on PMDG, those guys also operate at a very high level).
-
Welcome to the Synaptic A220 - Releases next week on the MP
Seriously? That's unsatisfactory.
-
iniBuilds Chicago O'Hare - Trailer
KATL still takes the win for the best aftermarket airport IMO. ORD's concrete apron looks way too fresh and unstained, at the gate I was at (G7), the terminal and lower-level windows were just black rectangles. Other gates looked better, you could actually (barely) see through the heavily tinted glass. No idea if the real windows are that dark. Also, BATC lived up to it's standard, massive traffic jam on Taxiway A, 7 jets backed up at an intersection, forgotten by ground control, with more pushing back and on the way. This isn't on the airport, just another example of how BATC just can't seem to get it together.
-
I really like BeyondATC BUT....
This sums up my feelings towards BATC. I'd argue that they have not significantly improved the basics in the year or two since I've owned, while instead, being content to issue "update" after "update" with shiny new features that really don't address flaws like the above. That said, am I better off with BATC or without? I'd say it still adds value to my sim experience.
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
Question - I know each airline has it's own configurations for these jets (various PFD/ND settings, ice probes, HUD, etc). My question is, when I select one of the iFly liveries, does that automatically select the proper configuration for that particular jet or do I have to do some serious googling and then go through and manually configure the jet so it's set up like the RL aircraft? Speaking of RL, question - the outer most displays have a section that shows flight number, time, etc. Below that is a significant portion of the screen that is not in use, it's just blacked out. Is this section used by any current airlines? If so, what data is displayed?
-
I really like BeyondATC BUT....
This ^ BATC gets me off the ground in decent shape, provides me with lots of company (on the ground, I don't see very many aircraft in flight) and once I'm at TOD, I just ignore it. Try as they might, with all the breathless "updates" the release on a weekly basis, they still can't seem to make any real progress.
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
Question on the FMC Takeoff page. At that bottom, I see an option for "QRM" off / on. I don't recall seeing that before (could be wrong), what's that option about?
-
FS2024 - How to Eliminate "Melted Buildings"?
Is there any fix to eliminating the post-apocalyptic "melted buildings" that I see when I'm at lower altitudes? It's truly horrific on my machine (which is a pretty high end PC). I know I can simply turn photogrammetry off but that's not really the point. Is there anything I can do at my end to make this effect go away? I've seen this question posted on MSFS FB pages but the responses are typically nonsense. If it's just the nature of MSFS 2024, so be it but I just figured I'd ask.
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
Just had a perfect flight on the MAX, KBWI into the Orbx KATL. Beautiful sunset, long line of planes on the approach with me (BATC was working fine for once) and I greased the landing. At times I'm in awe of how amazing this sim has become (I go back to the dark ages of FSX). Sorry, this is OT, I'll let you guys get back to slagging iFly (J/K).
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
LOL, I never would have found them. Thank you. Love the way they can be adjusted in multiple different angles. Very nice attention to detail.
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
Dumb question but where can I find the sliding sun visors for the forward windows?
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
First flight with SP1. Things went perfectly. No performance issues noted. Love the updated engine sounds. The EFB is a massive step forward and I can now save panel states with no issues. Sorry some are reporting issues but I gotta believe it's something with their systems. As was noted above, this thing is a blast to hand-fly. Nice work iFly, now get me the -10 in time for the real thing to be delivered.
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
General question on the MAX - when you select one of the liveries, does that also adjust your control panel options to replicate what the real airline uses (ie HUD, landing altitiude call outs, FD style)? Or do I have to find out what options a particular airline has on their jets and then go in and manually make the changes?
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
I figured it out, I was loading it with a livery from the old pre-SP-1 selected. When I loaded the updated livery, the issues went away. Took some time to play with the new EFP, I've very impressed. The EFB is very intuitive, nice having all the ground services options available graphically on the EFB instead of having to deal with GSX. Very easy to enable Navigraph and Simbrief. I see that you can now select panel states other than just "cold and dark". Which option would best represent a jet at the gate between turnarounds? One last thing - just playing around in the cockpit, noticed I can't turn the flight directors on. Not sure if this is because I hadn't fully loaded the flight plan or not? The switches refused to move when I click them. Also, for the life of me, I can't find the forward, sliding sunshades. Where are they hiding?
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
Seem to have a problem here. I went in and loaded the MAX, the cockpit was frozen. Every warning light was illuminated, the EFB's were both on the window postions and in front of the panel and the mouse cursor could move but not click on any of the switches. Exited and tried again, same thing. Any idea what the issue is?
-
Learning to fly the Fenix A320
I was 100% PDMG but after hearing so much about the Fenix, I went for it. Not going to lie, it took a couple of months before got the hang of it. Everything Airbus does is completely different than Boeing's process. That said, Airbus, while different, has a very logical layout and if you stick with it, it will soon be second nature. From a tech standpoint, it's truly amazing how superior Airbus is to the Dino-Jet. Watch some vids on Youtube and keep at it, you'll be glad you did.
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
Given the feedback I'm seeing on multiple sites, it's probably something at your end.
-
iFly B737 Max SP1 beta preview stream (2026/03/14) ENDED
If SP1 delivers everything it's supposed to, I think the iFly MAX may be elevated to the top of the narrowbody airliner sims. This looks very impressive.