Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest pscarratt

Moving Map Display

Hi,Can anyone give me any pointers as to where to start when trying to modify the default FS9 GPS code to get a moving map display into a gauge of my own?I've had a play but I can't get anything to display at all - Does anyone have or know of, any examples that would help me?Many thanks,Paul.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I too would like as much information as possible on this.email is: shanley0620@rogers.comthanks in advanveSteve

Jan,Do you you if it is possible to replace the symbol for eg airport with with one of your own ?BrgdsEugen

Eugen,I should do it, if i could.Also the background of the gps map.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Hi,That is nice!How did you do that and can you make the background of the gps map transparant?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

HiHow did you do that ? Did you swap bitmaps in some dll file ?Nice panelBrgdsEugen

Jan, Eugen,I'll reply on your questions, when I'm home tonight.Wolfgang

Wolfgang,Any chance I got get a copy also?Many thanks,Paul.

Hi WolfgangThanks for your reply, I had a look in the xml code but I am not sure what you did so a code snip would be appreciated very much. How did you change the airport icon in the ND ?I tried to mail you but it bounced back.BrgdsEugen

Hi,Same here......and a transparant gps background...Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan, Eugen,I have just sent you emails with detailed instructions, how to change the gps background colour into black and how to alter the airport symbols.Wolfgang

Hi Paul,Is it possible to share it also with me? If yes, here's my mailaddress: mattlieb@gmx.deWould be great!Best RegardsMatthias

I also would very much have info on this, it would be greatly aprreciated. justmitch@charter.netMitch

Wolfert,Thanks, but i have that adaptations already for a long time, see other threats here in the forum about the same stuff.I am still looking for a transparant background, but I was told that that was impossible (hardcoded?)For everyone, here is the code I use for the ND, only the flightplan, approach and destination airport are visible:(@g:currentPageNAV) @kNAVPageDflt == if{ 116 } els{ 116 }(@g:map_ZoomFactor) 1852.0 *(A:GPS POSITION LAT, Radians)(A:GPS POSITION LON, Radians)(A:GPS GROUND TRUE TRACK, Radians)0xE 0xF (@c:FlightPlanIsActiveApproach) ?Greetings,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,now you confuse me? What do you mean with transparent in this matter?If you want only the flightplan visible that's the easiest to do. There is absolutely no altering of the XML-code necessary.Just use the GPS clr function. This will modify what you see on the map.You can either assigne a keyboard key to this clr (clear function) or - as I have done - create some little gauges (switches, toggles) for the zoomin-in zoomin-out function, and for the diffente display options of the ND. So I can adjust with one mouse click, which navigation aids should be visible on my ND and can very, very easily customize the look of my ND. When you have a look at the pic, of which I have posted the link above, you will see that only the approach, some intersections, the destination airport and the range (in this case 5 miles, changeable with the zomm function) are visible (VORs and NDBs are blacked out in this case).I could even manage with one mouse click, that only the rose or the expanded rose was visible - without any map, plan or whatsoever.Wolfgang

Wolfy,This is "Babylonian"I have almost the same ND as you do.But what i want is a transparant, look through, background of the GPS Map, so i can use it in the HUD!Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,yes I guess, this is Babylon! Sorry, I really must have overread that you need this for a HUD - I assumed you need it for an ordinary ND (what actually surprised me, because I have seen your NDs here before and allways considered you as one of the xml-gurus in this forum)With tansparent I thought you mean black (0,0,0).RegardsWolfgang

Wolfgang,Thanks for all the efforts.Btw. I can show the course line and first (next) waypoint of the flightplan on the HUD, but not the whole flightplan.(Probably the first one using a HUD as a replacement minipanel in the 767..........?)Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

JanUsing your code in my HUD all I get is a black square. Any hints on what I may be doing wrong?Steve

Steve,As far as i know using something with "GPSMAP" in the HUD, always gives the black square.That is why I'm searching for the transparant background.When you want it in the ND you need all gps macro stuff etc., otherwise no flightplan.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Steve,This is the code I use. I've added my own L Vars to control what is displayed. C:fs9gpsC:fs9gps(L:EFIS MODE, number) 2 == (L:EFIS MODE, number) 3 == || (L:EFIS MAP RANGE, number) 1852 *(A:GPS POSITION LAT, Radians)(A:GPS POSITION LON, Radians)(A:GPS GROUND TRUE TRACK, Radians)1(L:EFIS MAP SHOW APT, bool)(L:EFIS MAP SHOW VOR, bool)(L:EFIS MAP SHOW ILS, bool)(L:EFIS MAP SHOW NBD, bool)0 0 0 0 0 0 0x5 0x5 0x7 0x7 0x1F 0x1F 0x1F 0x1F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 24 (@g:map_ZoomStep) case(L:EFIS MAP SHOW APT, bool) (L:EFIS MAP RANGE, number) 40 < ==(L:EFIS MAP SHOW VOR, bool) (L:EFIS MAP RANGE, number) 40 < ==(L:EFIS MAP SHOW ILS, bool) (L:EFIS MAP RANGE, number) 40 < ==(L:EFIS MAP SHOW NBD, bool) (L:EFIS MAP RANGE, number) 40 < ==0xE 0xF (@c:FlightPlanIsActiveApproach) ?1I've also attached the code as text because of the formatting issues on the forum!Cheers,http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/82367.txt