Sign in to follow this  
Guest zzmikezz

A question directed to NotASenator.

Hi Brian,with regard to your post in the thread "Ethical Question",http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...4&mesg_id=34938I was wondering if you're going to enforce that rule also for people using "scarebus" instead of "airbus"? It can be considered equally offensive as using "M$" in place of "MS".For the record, I do not agree with the censorship of neither of the words, but since it's you the mods who decide, I'm just asking for clarification.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

The use of either of those terms just seems childish to me. I don't think anything would be lost by deleting posts containing them.

indeed. Everyone knows MinkySoft doesn't make Airbuddies :)

Guest zzmikezz

My keyboard doesn't do the Euro currency sign (though I suppose it might be available through Start Settings Programs Accessories SystemTools CharacterMap).But if it did I would have the option of spelling Europe differently from the way I have always done. I wouldn't exercise the option, but it's interesting to observe that it is there on at least the various recent European keyboards.

Aww........... come on please, did you never have a 'nickname' when you were younger and did you object to it? Next you will be asking Brian to not refer to himself as 'Not A Senator'............sheeesh.It's a forum here, if you don't wish to read it you don't have to.If people wish to refer to the Airbus as a Scarebus, what is so wrong with that? Lighten up guys, it's only a forum and not a decleration.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest zzmikezz

Dave,You're right. By the way, we can balance things re Scarebus by modifying the saying of a friend of mine to make it read as follows ... "If it is Boeing, I'm not going".

I first had a Eurosign on a keyboard before the Euro became our currency.But on most keyboards it requires a localised keyboard setting to be installed, which is a real PITA because it doesn't allow for typing quotes directly (they become by default accents for letters, so require a space typed after them to work on their own, a massive problem when you're programming).But my current laptop has a dedicated key for it (as well as the dollar), first time I've ever seen that.But to help you out, you can get a Euro character under Windows by typing Alt+0128 on the numeric keypad.

Guest zzmikezz

Geofa,"... your sig is too big."As we used to say when I was a kid,You are a poet,You just don't know it,But your feet show it,They're long fellows.