Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

DSD sound and other devel packages

Guest iholrf

Hi gang,I have been slowy putting together a repositiry of some of the best freeware packages for FS utilities and development.The list is in its infancy at the moment, but already I have a lot of useful tools available.Doug Dawson was kind enough to give me the latest version of DSD_XML_Sound (3.6) as well as XML ID which will expose the L:VARS in the running sim.http://www.ascendant-online.net/en/downloa...htsim.php#develI would really like to add more quality tools. I do not intend to be a dumping ground like AVSIM lib, I do not have the bandwidth for that, but a specialized "best of" repository.You can grab the stuff here. If you have a suggestion for a package that is missing, please drop me a note.http://www.ascendant-online.net/en/downloads/index.phpCheersShad

OMG, If I hadn't visited your site I wouldn't have known there was a new version of dsd_xml_sound with VOLUME CONTROL and PANNING! Now I can put all those little volume knobs to use in the VC:)Thanks to you both,--Jon

Hi,Didn't knew either.Can you give an example for volume control?Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest iholrf

From Dougs readme (good job on that BTW Doug)."Two new functions have been added to each sound's control variable. Both make use of the L:Var L:dsd_xml_sound_volume.To set the volume of a sound, set L:dsd_xml_sound_volume to the desired volume, as described above. Then write a value of 3 to the sound's control variable. Setting volume level in this manner can be done on the fly, while the sound is playing.To get the current volume level of a sound, write a value of 4 to the sound's control variable. The current volume level will be returned to L:dsd_xml_sound_volume. This function can also be performed while a sound is playing, if desired.Left/Right Channel Balance.I have made use of the DirectSound SetPan function to allow the Left/Right balance to be manipulated. This function can only be performed when the initial command to play the sound is given. Here is how to do it:The range, from maximum left pan, to maximum right pan, is specified as an integer between -10,000 (full left) and 10,000 (full right).Take the absolute value of the desired setting.Multiply it by 100.Add the value obtained to the desired control variable setting (1 for play once, 2 for loop).Multiply the result obtained by -1 if a left pan is required.Write this value to the control variable."

OK(?)Confusing(!)What to do?Here is the sound.cfg:[Config]MaxSounds=99ErrorFlag=0LvarStop=soundstopVolumeVar=Radio_Range_VolumeResetVolumeVar=1Sound00=./sound/alert caution.wav,90Sound00=./sound/alert fire.wav,95etc.I can stop the sounds with 1 (>L:soundstop,number)I tried Radio_Range_Volume LVar but no change in volume.What to do with:L:dsd_xml_sound_volume with 3 and 4 ?Can someone give an example?Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Jan,Could you try this for us? :-)Sound Var : (L:YourSoundVar,number)Max volume:100 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number) 3 (>L:YourSoundVar,number)Min volume:70 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number) 3 (>L:YourSoundVar,number)Increment volume:4 (>L:YourSoundVar,number) (L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number) 20 + 100 min 3 (>L:YourSoundVar,number)etc.Tom

-Just a question for Doug:Could be possible to make the sound play depending of current view mode (Panel/VC/Spot/Tower) ?THAT would be the ultimate solution for aircraft sounds managemement out of FS system! TOm

This works:[Config]MaxSounds=99ErrorFlag=0LvarStop=soundstopVolumeVar=Radio_Range_VolumeResetVolumeVar=0Sound11=./Aircraft/Boeing 0 767-300ER/panel/phjvh sound/cabin 2.wavLvar11=cabin 2(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 3 (>L:cabin 2,number) (L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number) 1 - 70 max (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number) }(M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 3 (>L:cabin 2,number) (L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number) 1 + 100 min (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number) }didn't use 4Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Looks like I better check my code. May be that the bit where it reads the volume variable is broken...Doug

>-Just a question for Doug:>>Could be possible to make the sound play depending of current>view mode (Panel/VC/Spot/Tower) ?>>THAT would be the ultimate solution for aircraft sounds>managemement out of FS system! >>TOm>I think that current view is available as a P:Variable. If so, then your suggestion is do-able. However, unless you are willing to work with a further 100 L:Vars, it will be an all or nothing solution...Doug

Jan,Does it work either way? 3 > LVarSound nVol > LSoundVol ornVol > LSoundVol 3 > LVarSound nVol ??Tom

Doug,I was thinking of a way to manipulate external-internal sounds via a volume variation. Mostly for engine accurate sound control using Lvars instead of FS sound.cfg, and realistic APU sound feasible (in most airliners it can't be heard from the cockpit, but is noisy when heard from the tarmac)Just a thought.TomPS : In XML there is no A/P/E var that I know of for retrieving current view mode.

A little OT, and I'm pretty sure there isn't, but is there an XML Var for the current view axis offests? I'd love to be able to make a true combiner HUD that shifts based on the view axis in the VC, but alas, I don't think you can READ that in XML, .

Jon,"(P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum)" Well, I didn't have that in my bag! thank you :-)There is no reference to view modes in FS Parameters.doc, and I didn't bother to search elsewhere...my fault.>>A little OT, and I'm pretty sure there isn't, but is there an XML >>Var for the current view axis offests? I'd love to be able to make >>a true combiner HUD that shifts based on the view axis in the VC, >>but alas, I don't think you can READ that in XML, .As stated above, currently I don't have references of VIEW variables, guess I need to investigate a bit before being able to discuss about this, sorry.Tom