Can anyone point me to a website or forum that discusses editing airfiles? My aircraft is supposed to be equipped with RB211 engines but I think someone attached JATOs when the aircrew weren't looking. Unfortunately, the aircraft designer has gone the same direction as the original programmer... . I'm using AirEd, if that helps any?-Dai

I would have suggested AvHistory.org as it was a rich source of information for many years. Unfortunately it recently came under the gun of a "facelift" and apparently they saw fit to completely hose all the old topics. I honestly wish that was a punishable crime...I do not believe there's an archive of that information, so the next best thing I can recommend is that you take a look at some of the information Herve has on his site: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/hsors/index.html

I thought for one glorious moment that AirWrench was going to be the answer to the problem... then I saw the 'don't develop commercial stuff with this' restriction. I guess the plane is going to get to keep its JATOs.There are times when I really, really wish I had not agreed to try and rescue this project.-Dai

I'd be willing to take a look at it for you.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Douglas K

>>>>Can anyone point me to a website or forum that discusses editing airfiles?<<<

And at the same time... there is even more information literally missing. If you're looking for abstracts and formula... it's out there. If you're looking for definitive statements on how to deal with specific performance issues... most of the experts have chosen to not speak up.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>makes you pay for the>FSX SDK, since it comes only on the

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Douglas K

>>>>And at the same time... there is even more information literally missing. If you're looking for abstracts and formula... it's out there. If you're looking for definitive statements on how to deal with specific performance issues...<<<< As noted in another reply to this thread, a lot of information went missing when the airfile decode board changed format (again). The original board, not the one that just went MIA, but the board before that, had even more good stuff that was extremely helpful. But really, everything you need is in AirEd.ini,

Guest Douglas K

>>>>I prefer to think that I've paid extra for the additional aircraft and features chopped out of the "Standard Version...":-smile12<<<

Thanks guys - unfortunately RL has come crashing brutally in and everything is suspended for now; I'll check all those sources and respond to offers/questions when everything sorts itself out.-Dai

Guest IanK

Hello Dai,AvHistory would be as good a place to discuss this and replace the old knowledge.I do have the RB.211 engine manual and know how to program the engine section of the .air files as well as most of the rest. Which RB.211 are you doing? What team are you working with?Where are the .cfg and .air files available from if they can be sent to me or do you have a site reference.As far as AirEd.ini support is concerned, I believe that J Beckworth provides this with registered versions of AirUpDate. As Ron can't continue support does any one else know who is publishing their own versions of AirEd.ini?Ian>Can anyone point me to a website or forum that discusses>editing airfiles? My aircraft is supposed to be equipped with>RB211 engines but I think someone attached JATOs when the>aircrew weren't looking. Unfortunately, the aircraft designer>has gone the same direction as the original programmer...>. I'm using AirEd, if that helps any?>>-Dai>

Hi IanI've managed to grab a moment of peace in amongst all the current insanity... could you please PM me? The reason I ask is that the publisher I'm currently working for asked me to try and rescue a long-running project that had gone very badly wrong and he doesn't want the aircraft type made public, just in case someone else gets there first.Don't expect a quick reply; maybe before the weekend but could be after.-Dai