Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alba

Confused again

Hello again Folks.At the risk of appearing dense, I am confused a wee bit here.I have a radio display which shows all the radio frequencies on a grid, like the default Lear 45 in FS9. I will INC/DEC the freqs. by the use of a knob at the side of each freq. in the grid. Using selectable mouse areas.Here's the rub. I have read through the FS2X tutorial and decided that this code is what I need but I have a feeling that I should have a K var. assigned somewhere but I gather from the tutorial that the Click Event should do the job on it's own.But it doesn't!! Remember that I'm a newbie at this, so could someone please show me the error of my ways. Here's the code:-Regards...Kenny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi ED,I really don't know. My XML knowledge is not advanced enough yet. I am still using snippets from the FS2X tutorial verbatum, plus of course what the folks here advise me with.Here's the part from the tut. There is a lot more of course, regarding swapping the standby freq. etc. but this is the bit I thought would apply.I can't seem to copy and paste it. I have placed it as an attachment.

Kenny,I redid the code and this works. I tested to make sure.I used a little knob for the test mounted on my main panel so that the statements you see reflect that. The bmp size I used was 31x31. If your is bigger just change the coordinates.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193835.jpgJust change the name to your bitmap.Douglas.

>Shouldn't it be (K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC)??That format is only needed for a type statement.(>K:Key_Event)For a

Hi Folks.Douglas, thanks for doing that for me. It made me think about using different ways to use the code rather than sticking slavishly to the tut. Also Bill and Ed, same applies, I am seeing the code in a different light now. I have the Com1 freq. inc/dec working fine now. I will go on now and work on the others.Regards...Kenny