Sign in to follow this  
PanosG

Moving third party scenery

Guest ender6

Question from a newb:Is it possible to have a third party AddOn scenery file installed and then create some BGL file that overrides its default location.Thanks in advance.

So, for example, an addon scenery has a building which you'd like to relocate? I don't believe it's possible to override with another BGL, but if you want to have real fun you could decompile the BGL, change the location in the XML file, and recompile your own new BGL. If there are lots of objects, or an airport, etc. it gets more complicated.What specifically do you want to move?Jon

Or if you are going that route you could delete entries all together. OK if it is for personal use I guess

Guest ender6

I was reading some else's post about some buildings being misplaced in the Megascenery San Francisco. I've seen some screenshots and I can tell that some of the landmarks like Coit Tower are way off. (waiting for my order now)Thought it might interesting to learn how muck around, but it sounds a bit more complicated. Too bad. I'll have to wait until I learn more.I've seen some decompiling tools and tried to just mess around with the default model. Sometimes, I get errors and it doesn't always decompile all the instructions. Of course, I can't ever recompile the model.Thanks for any info.

The Beginner's Guide to scenery design in this section is a good place to start.And keep in mind if you are thinking of working with a commercial product that their license may not permit you to decompile or modify their code. Drop them a line and see what they say.Jon

If the problem is default scenery misplaced, there is a shareware addon (can't remember name but it was *4ut.zip IIRC) that was designed for UT USA, but should also work for megascenery. If it was some custom objects provided by mega, then agree with above comments.scott s..

Guest ender6

Thanks for all the info.I'd be interested in finding out if there's a hex converter or calculator for FS2004 longitude and latitude coordinates. Any ideas?

Do a search in the file library, I am sure that there are xome lat/lon converters but I can't remember what they can convert from/to