Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 ATC

Does anyone no if there is third party software in developement that would enhance the ATC in FS2002. I looking for things like being able to change to IFR enroute, request for higher or lower atitudes, go to a alternate airport...etc. I know there is a product out there that is ATC program but I do not want to go thru all the trouble of creating a adventure file, I just want to be able to use the FS2002 ATC with added features.David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot

Well...they are dreams. Lets hope someone does it. Lets not forget SIDs and STARs and holding patterns!Moses

Could not agree more - want to see products respond withdynamic weather routingholds, with all relevant info offeredvectoring for traffic avoidance while in terminal arealast-minute re-assignment of approach, requested or assignedGPS approachesdeparture routesAnd don't forget flight service stations!!! How about some standard briefs, enroute terminal forcasts, PIREPS.... the works!!-CP

>Does anyone no if there is third party software in >developement that would enhance the ATC in FS2002. Maybe the program called "Radar Contact" Discussed here and at Flightsim.comI >looking for things like being able to change to IFR enroute, Im not a pilot but it makes no sense to be able file a flight plan in the air. >request for higher or lower atitudes, go to a alternate >airport...etc. Would be nice but not necessary in a learning tool. I know there is a product out there that is >ATC program but I do not want to go thru all the trouble of >creating a adventure file, I just want to be able to use the >FS2002 ATC with added features. There are 10 pilot voices in FS, that also double as ATC. Each pilot already has 9,209 audio files associated with them. Can't have everything. And if they didn't record the waves for what your asking, it can't be implemented. And, what you ask for has no place in a learning tool. I mean you don't need to learn how to ask for ALT change. Its simple to do the alternate airport thing. Just cancel your IFR and VFR the othr airport.>

>request for higher or lower atitudes, go to a alternate airport>Lets not forget SIDs and STARs and holding patterns!>Could not agree more - want to see products respond with>dynamic weather routing>holds, with all relevant info offered>vectoring for traffic avoidance while in terminal areaAlmost all those points you mentioned I have also thought of before. I will have sent a long mail with LOTSA improvements to the whole Sim to Microsoft very soon. I'm just fine tuning the letter :-lolIf you want to, do this too, maybe it helps... :-) I dunno. To suggest new features, write to tell_fs@microsoft.com ( http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/ )Regards :-wave from EDDFhttp://flightsimmers.net/airport/etti/signature_pro.jpg

Yeah, you know, Bill Gates lives about 6 miles from my house (for real). I should go over & tell him what we want. Think he will listen? :7He'll probably sic security on me... :-vuurThey do seem to be in "incremental improvements" mode; not radical changes, but fine tuning the product to respond to the market's wants. That means, the more people want x, they will listen. Improved ATC seems a natural upgrade to FS04... -CP

>Im not a pilot but it makes no sense to be able file a flight plan in the air. It's really useful in the real world; if weather changes from the forcast, you can continue your flight (provided it is within your minimums). Or, you need to change destination for whatever reason. People do it a lot; sometimes call it "pop-up IFR".While I agree with you that 9,209 audio files are a great deal of work to assemble & make work with a program, it is natural for us to look to what is next, and what can be improved, don't you think? :7-CP

Guest Scott Campbell

See signature. 'nough said. Already answered this for Gabriel. Everything you want is in V3 to be released later this year. Most is already in V2.2, available now.

>>While I agree with you that 9,209 audio files are a great >deal of work to assemble & make work with a program, it is >natural for us to look to what is next, and what can be >improved, don't you think? :7 >Well, yes and no. Yes, if this was purely a game like SIM City or a Combat sim. But no, since its main purpose for existance is to teach one how to read the instruments and therfore fly. All be it not conforming to FAA specs. And such tools do not need to have "pop-up IFR" or requests for altitude changes. Since there is no special skill that is learned when doing these that isn't already taught and learned within the sim.Pete

I have Radar Contact, it is nice program for what is it. What I was looing for is a add-on to the ATC that is already apart of FS2002. I am not in favor of having to make a flight plan than creat a adventure file and than go fly. I like what the ATC that FS2002 has but with added features. I like being able to take off VFR or make a flight plan in FS2002 for IFR and than just go fly without the problem of creating an adventure file. Why doesn't someone like Radar Contact work off the ATC that is already made by Microsoft and just make it better. Radar Contact is a great ATC I have to say but why not make it apart of FS2002 ATC.David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot

I completely agree. I had some fun with ProFlight 2000 w/ FS2000, but I am hoping/praying that MS will, as part of their SDK releases, give the ace programmers out there some hooks to allow extensions to the existing FS2002 ATC, without having to resort to the Adventure mechanism. It works amazingly well for most VFR situations but, as an instrument student, I would LOVE to have a more realistic IFR environment.So the sixty-four cent question is, does anyone know whether the sort of hooks I'm talking about will be available in any part of the phased SDK release that MS is doing?While I'm at it - I researched Radar Contact back in the good ol' FS2000 days, after having had ProFlight 2000 for a while. My (admittedly vague) recollection is that the installation of RC is a non-trivial thing, which is why I never installed it. What's the current State of the Union on RC installation? If I have to spend more time mucking around with it to install it and get a flight set up, than I end up flying with it, then I'm not interested. (E.g., I want a single installation program, e.g., InstallShield, that does *everything* initially required in one swell foop.)cheers,Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

the installation for rcv2.2 couldn't be easier. get the cd, run setup. if you want to download the necessary files, download them and run setupmore information about radar contact is right next door in the radar contact forum here at avsimyou can try the samples before you buy, and rcv2.2 runs on fs98, fs2000 and fs2002version 3 will be release later this year, no more adventures ;-)

radar contact version 3 will have exactly what you are looking for. it isn't part of fs2002's atc, but a standalone program, much like fsmeteo. if will have all the features of version 2.2, with most of the enhancements that have been asked for. vfr, alternate airports, emergenciesradar contact forum is right next door here at avsim, come visit ;-)

Why doesn't someone like Radar >Contact work off the ATC that is already made by Microsoft >and just make it better. Radar Contact is a great ATC I >have to say but why not make it apart of FS2002 ATC. >I think I covered this before. To do would mean that the authors of RC would have to create brand new wav files for all the different ATC voices. And then add thier new ATC dialogue wav files. I seriously, doubt they are gonna want to re-record 9,209 files + thier additional RC ATC voices per atc voice. Or they could just use one voice for all centers,towers,grounds. Wich definatly gets unrealistic and adds a large disk space requirement. They would have to do this since the ATC built into MSFS does not contain some of the dailogue to fascillitate the interaction that RC appears to offer.(I have no idea why their samples file is 20meg. I sample would have been fine.) I still don't see any short audio samples of the interaction we would hear, on the site.Pete