Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

FS Maintanence - some ideas to improve it!

I would like to see the following added on:1. GPS blanking, im not a real pilot but every so often if you fly in certain weather conditions, cant your gps occasionally blank out now and then?? this would add incredible intensity to the flight and force someone to make a back up vor to vor plan, or just dead reckoning. this would be nice to have it blank the defualt and the reality xp one as well.. or is this figured in allready??2. the ability to have no passenger at all, in other words, i just did a haul for BFU to pick up some kayakers, well the only one on board was "me" no pax, so.. it shouldn't factor in pax discomfort etc.3. also, and this is very important to me, all the ability to type in an hourly dollar amount to charge by. some flights, lets say in a baron58, if i do a charter flight in that i might want to charge $375/hr where as if i do a charter flight in the cheyenne 400 i would charge in the 800-1000 dollar/hr catagory depending on season (and SEE!!! THIS WOULD ALLOW ONE TO COMPENSATE FOR SEASONAL CHANGES IN CHARGING MONEY!!!!- oh man the possiblities! - so when virtual tourist season hits, you could jack up the dollar amount heheheheee!!!)2a. oops, this should go above, but you should be able to do a cargo only ops,it would also be nice to have the ability to lets say rent the plane against yourself. in other words, suppose im not hauling any pax nor any cargo, well then im just flying around myself, well then afterwards i would not make any money income, but i would have to pay for deductions for maintaince, etc.oh man, what a dimension this adds.ciao!Brian Si would like to hear what others think

Ciao!

I'm enjoying it "as is" at the moment but I'd like to see ontime percentage included and maybe even bundle it with a sort of personal "VA". It would be nice to pick a general geopgraphic location, maybe pick the length of flights we'd like to do, and have the program plan your schedule and chart your progress. Pretty much everything a VA does but with a bit more flexibility!David

Well, if we are making a wish list...I would like to see a set of sliders or check-boxes (or anything more intuitive than doing a Notepad edit of the blackbox.cfg file) to change triggering parameters and difficulty settings. The three settings, especially the "Expert" setting, do not challenge more experienced pilots. I assume that as a pilot uses the program and improves his/her technique, which is the benefit of using this program, he/she will outgrow the existing settings. Having the ability to easily tweak the settings would be a nice addition.

I'm still doing the unregistered version (no money bugger it!! :-)), but from what I've tried, its great!!One thing that I would like to see is if you made too many bad landings or damage freight or make the aircraft spend more time in the shop, then your licence is suspended for X days, depending on the severity, and disabling the aircraft until the suspension was lifted, unabling you to fly the aircraft with FS Maintainence running. Pretty far fetched, but hey, I like a bit of a challenge :-lolhttp://homepages.paradise.net.nz/edenw/fs_banner_je3.jpg Think highly of yourself, for the world takes you at your estimate -Anon

Go on gentlemen, go on... we are listening.Mathijs KokConcepts & Developments

I have not yet tried FSMaintenance but will be doing so soon.My question concerns the ultimate transgression - crashing the plane.What are the penalties for this?I assume that particular aircraft is deleted from your system, never to be retrieved? If not, it should be.Crashing, for whatever reason, is the ultimate transgression. It should carry the utlimate penalty - removal of said aircraft.Airdog

Its a great add on, but I was wondering if you could add an aircraft age factor to the costs for ex: A 737-200 costs a lot more than an A320 when it comes to maintenance. I dont know how it would be implemented... maybe a slider? :)

The first thing i did, was turning off the annoying beep-beep sound when there is an entry to the log (I replaced the wav-files with silent ones). What about replacing the beep with a virtual first officer either calling out something like "oops" (or what about screaming passengers ;) ), or maybe there could be different wavs for different events).cheersmmmol

Guest Stamatis

Airdog,I only suggest you don't crash.FSMaintenance will not simply delete the aircraft that crashed, will also remove the entire FS2002 installation from your PC!! :-)Stamatis

I REALLY like your idea mmmol, especially the ability to have a different wave for different events. Lago does not necessarily need to include the various files, but I think having the ability to select wav files for the events would be both fun and somewhat realistic.For example:A high negative g and we hear the pax go "Ooooohhh"A hard landing and we get a "Was that a landing or were we shot down?"You forget to turn off the beacon and you get a "duhhh"You break the 250 speed below 10K and you get a "Hey, slow this puppy down"Well, you get the idea. If fact, for some of the more serious transgressions you could create your own, well, less than lady like voice files. Now that's realism.

Downloaded FSM yesterday, did a couple of test flights, noticed the obvious commitment of the team to fixing any problems in various forums and registered this morning-FSM is adding a lot of depth to FS 2002 as it is right now.However, the flightplan doesn't have much impact on ratings if any-you don't even need one. Perhaps keeping track of the flightplan would have too much impact on framerate, or maybe a feature like this might be difficult to implement because of all the compatiblity issues with FS-Navigator or other adventure generators.One thing that might perhaps be implemented is a comparision between expected (as calculated by the flightplanner) and actual arrival time, which would then affect passenger satisfaction? Just a thought.Mathijs & the team, FSM is a wonderful concept and might just be the beginning of a whole new 'way of life' in Flight Simulator...

>My question concerns the ultimate transgression - crashing >the plane. >What are the penalties for this? >I assume that particular aircraft is deleted from your >system, never to be retrieved? If not, it should be. >Crashing, for whatever reason, is the ultimate >transgression. It should carry the utlimate penalty - >removal of said aircraft. There are many concequences. First of all, we fail all Systems and all Failure classes making the aircraft infact totally useless. You will be forced to do a D Check to get it back to working order (also if you want to return it to the leasing company).Secondly you will not receive any money for that flight. This alone would get ANY Fleet Maneger into problems.Thirdly... I'm not going to tell you. But let me ask you this. If you crash an airliner, how willing would the passengers be to fly with that airliner the next few days?Mathijs KokLAGO

>The first thing i did, was turning off the annoying >beep-beep sound when there is an entry to the log (I >replaced the wav-files with silent ones). What about >replacing the beep with a virtual first officer either >calling out something like "oops" (or what about screaming >passengers ;) ), or maybe there could be different wavs for >different events). There are two different sounds, one for entrees to the log and one for failed systems. I'll create less obvious beeps and will upload them to the LAGO site for people who can't fly :-) No pun intended :-)We would NEVER do screaming passengers as that would be rather tacky. FSMaintenance is about surviving and not about getting killed.Mathijs KokLAGO

>One thing that might perhaps be implemented is a comparision >between expected (as calculated by the flightplanner) and >actual arrival time, which would then affect passenger >satisfaction? Just a thought. That was high on our list, but most of the planners we know off do not take time into consideration as much as we liked.>Mathijs & the team, FSM is a wonderful concept and might >just be the beginning of a whole new 'way of life' in Flight >Simulator... I believe to as well. Where FSMaintenance focussus on maintance we are considering other add-ons that focus on other parts of the airline industry.Mathijs