Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

ROTW : Alive and kicking !

Guest rene_35

After our annual meeting which took place Saturday the 21st at Rennes airport (France), here is a short report of what happened that day and an update on our projects. 10 of the 15 members made it to our annual meeting. The first part of the day was spent hosted by the military pilots who helped us creating the TBM 700 : our friends Nicolas Boltoukhine, Bruno Tresarrieu and Thierry Cosson of the Escadrille Avions de l'Arm

Guest tonyc

Don't you worry, Rene. FLy is alive and kicking.tony

Just to let you know... the [a href=http://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?SearchTerm=Bauer&CatID=Root&Go=Search]Database updates[/a] I am creating include DAFIF data. I am working on the rest of the updates (eg: runways/ils/airports). I think if you check them out, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the accuracy and how current the data is.The next upload, due any day now (as soon as I get the chance) is going to include ATSRoute.I also have a mildly functional flight planner, that when finished, will include all of the faa/dafif prefered routes. As of now it can handle wind, great circle, etc.That might save you some time...Long live Fly!Brad(PS: if you try the data out, DONT use the country data. There is an unknown problem with the indexes which causes the flight planner to lock up when the geograph pod is recreated.)

Guest ben_

ReneSincere thanks to the ROTW team for the superb efforts which we so gratefully use. The french ROTW Fly! community seems to have inherited Richard's enthusiasm for producing the ultimate quality possible.Ben

Rene and ROTW Team,Thank You for all of your contributions and your exuberant energy to keep this wonderful sim alive!!! I do appreciate your efforts!!!!You guys are the BEST!!!Kindest Regards,Bob Lyddy

Great news! Thanks so much for all the effort you guys are putting into keeping this sim alive. Very much appreciated. With PMDG now gone our hope for new aircraft of professional quality now rests solely on you. Keep them coming.Cheers,

I would also like to express my deep gratitude for the work you are putting in to keep Fly!II alive. Although I'm using MSFS2K2 more these days since I always fly on vatsim and the sceneries are more abundant in that sim, I still find Fly!II to be superior in many (but not all) ways. And I just can't believe the quality of all the stuff you are producing. Absolutely Brilliant!RegardsKrister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

> I still find Fly!II >to be superior in many (but not all) ways. And if FLY had superior flight dynamics (which in ways, it did)........... thanks to Rob Young, then it just lost it's superiority......... thanks to Rob Young! :)Rob has done a sensational job with the SF260 for FS2002. Just as the original FLY was greatly enhanced by his flight dynamic additions, the same is now holding true for FS2002. The SF260 add's a new dimension to spins and slips, as well as other aerobatic manuvers.L.Adamson

Guest chezz

Hi Renee,Thanks for the good news and my appreciateion for the extremely beautiful projects that SIMVOL have made available to the FLY community. Let's keep the "esprit the corps" alive in FLY.More power to your team.chris salviejorpll

Fantastic to see such dedication from you all. Has ROTW's involvement in finishing RealAir's 'Seneca V' come to a halt by the way?It would be so great to have a good 'light twin' like that to 'Fly!' as it's a standard for Instrument training all over the world, as well as being about the limit of my capabilities to 'properly fly' I think!Now that we have a way of making good UK Fly! scenery I'll be looking forward to some 'channel crossing' flights, as most UK pilots look forward to dropping in to Le Touquet for a good meal I know!DaveT

Great news.Yes FLY is as lively as possible.Great team,ROTW,you guys.Merci beaucoup.Amiti

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints