Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Is there people still flying with Fly! (1) ?

Hi,I'd like to know if there are people who are still flying with Fly!(1).Why do you still like Fly!(1) ?Cheers,;-)Damien BRUNET.e-mail : damien.brunet@udb.fr.st

Guest Cessna_Flyer

Does Fly!2K count? ;)I still use '2K because that's pretty much the only civilian sim that still runs on my old computer. (old? it's only 3 years old! :-mad ;) ) I also like the accurate panels and complex systems. The PMDG aircraft are the epitome of what Fly! does well. I fly real Cessna aircraft, and accuracy in panels is important to me. In my opinion, Fly! has the best out-of-the-box panels in its aircraft. Even modern sims don't have default panels like Fly! (not counting 3rd party add-ons). Terrascene is great as well. And Let's not forget Sky!. It's a real shame the Fly! series ended up the way it did. I really think it could have matured into a truly amazing product.-GS

Damien,Yes, I still run Fly!2K from time to time. Every once in a while I need to experience some of the aircraft that we had which are not available in Fly!II. Also, those wonderful volumetric clouds and some special sceneries are still attractive.However, I must say, that Fly!II is certainly superior in a number of ways, and with the continuing expansion of scenery and aircraft, I am close to removing the old program and flying strictly with Fly!II.

Randall Rocke

I use FLY2k for 100% of my sim experience. The main reason I haven't moved to FLYII (I have it) is because of my computer which is 4 years old and 500 MHz. FLY2k goes along just fine. I always use metar weather when flying and it handles that very well. I must admit that in the last few weeks the idea of a new computer and MSFS2004 being released had me considering a new sim with better graphics, better ATC, and AI aircraft which I kinda miss in FLY. Then I just saw the post about the dumbing down of flight dynamics in MSFS and I wonder whatever was I thinking :-)

Guest DSandberg

Yeah, everything Mike said pretty much goes for me too. Though I don't have any version of Fly! installed right now, I've been thinking about reinstalling Fly2K one of these days, just because my current system will actually run it satisfactorily and I miss the detailed aircraft. And after reading the concerns about what MS did to FS2004's flight modeling, I'm just happy to still have FS2002 (which runs well enough, more or less, on my current system).[table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0][tr][td width=320]http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif[/td][td width=170 align=center]Richard Harvey, you are missed.[/td][/tr][/table]

Though I've never been one to have any admiration for FS' flight dynamics in general, I believe that MSFS is getting an unfair shake in this case. Some people I really, really respect have stepped in and pretty well put the "kybosh" on this. Mad Dog (Marc Schrier) of C4TO fame and Rob Young, for instance.Apparently, it's not so much that MS has "dumbed down" the flight dynamics as they have once again made a number of changes in the parameters and settings that affect them. They have moved a number of these items to a configuration file that is separate from the airfile, so it's going to take a little while for all of the developer's to "relearn" flight dynamics programming. They believe everything will come out fine.This is a good example, however, as to how undocumented the MS SDK is and the poor support from MS for developers in this regard. It makes me appreciate even more the beautiful work that went into the SDK of Fly! and Fly! II and its very open nature.

Randall Rocke

G'day Damien,Only today I was flying using Fly!2k testing out a new graphics card. Frame rates of 100.05 fps :-) Went to N.Y. and with all the models there it dropped to 91 fps. Unfortunately the quality of the graphics in Fly! was not up to scratch which resulted in a complete revamping in Fly! II.I'm a sentimental old fool and I'll be keeping Fly! on my computer for the forseeable future but Fly! II is now my main sim.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Hagar

I agree with you Randall.Having a ball nowadays flying the 737NG in FS2k4. Where I can fly those long flights without having to worry about sudden CTD`s. For GA flights I go back to Fly II though.Regarding Fly!/Fly2k, those who like to try Norwegian sceneries, check in at www.flightsim.no, the file library.

Hi folks>>>I'm a sentimental old fool and I'll be keeping Fly! on my computer for the forseeable future but Fly! II is now my main sim.<<<: Roger wrote.I could have said the same.FlyII is my favorite now, but somtimes I want to FLY (2K).This final version of the original FLY! is still a great sim.FlyII! is better in many ways and deserves to be continued.Continueing FLYII !!! ??? I hope it will be done by TRI someday,but in the mean time FLYII is still growing each day.New planes (great ones, believe me, I am permitted to do paintwork on some of them ) will spread their wings over beautifull sceneries in the near future.To be frank ,I am not waiting for a new flightsim every two years, neither do I want a new car,house or lifestyle every two or three years.It is not abnormal to be happy with the things one has and just hoping for something new tomorrow is`nt making me happy either.I married to a fantastic woman ( for 27 years now ),although I see the latest models every day .:-lol RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints