Sign in to follow this  

FSD Porter ... message changed

Text and URL removed. AVSIM Forum policies do not allow commercial announcements in this way.Francois A DumasAssociate Editor & Forum Admin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

:-eek :-eek :-eekWOW! That's got my money already!Scott

Steve,That looks fantastic - guess I may be adding that one to my FSD hangar in the near future then !!!!

Looks great-weird paintjob!But what I REALLY would like to know...(being VERY impressed with the Cheyenne)...How are the Navajo and Seneca doing?Thanks, Martijn

Hi Martijn,Well ... lets see :1. we are working on another substantial update (yeah, that's right, ANOTHER) for the Commander for folks who prefer the FS2000 2D surround views ;2. we are working on an update for the Cheyenne;(both these are not far off but please don't ask for a date) ...3. we are closing in on the end of the Freeware T38 project with the help of an experienced USAF driver; and4. the Navajo's and Seneca are still in the works but we have to finish off these other projects first. Too many projects distract and it becomes a matter of priorities.The twins will certainly be done before the this year. Maybe a lot before ... with luck - but again don't ask when :-lolBest,

>2. we are working on an update for the Cheyenne; What exactly could you update on the Cheyenne? I mean, its probably the closest to perfect any plane for fs has gotten...Either way, I love you guys at FSD, you know how to treat your customers!Scott

Wow..Thanks for the quick answer Steve! As an owner of both the Commander and Cheyenne I'll be looking forward to those updates-I'm really impressed that you are still working to improve these great products still further! Hey, I can wait for those twins-still plenty to enjoy with the Commander and Cheyenne, and that Porter and T-38 later on! :-jumpyThanks again, Martijn

Hi,Yup, there will be a conventional landplane as well as the amphibian but there won't be an 'exclusively float' version. There wasn't all that much interest in the ski-plane Porter for FS2000 so we are not likely to pursue that configuration this time around ... but you never know. It is important to emphasise that this is a *complete* new design so there's nothing that can be re-used from our earlier work.We'll release more details and images soon, but we are mindful of Avsim's policy which is to not allow posting of images as this is a commercial design - notwithstanding we have always carried all image bandwidth ourselves even for Freeware designs such as the soon-to-be-released the T38 (see below).For updates on Porter's Progress you'll need to look at other forums or our own website for details.http://www.fsd-international.com/temp/talon1.jpg Cheers,

Hi Scott,Well, I've been able to considerably improve the turboprop engine and as a result some functions are improved especially response and speed hold which - if captured from above and not below the target speed - seems to hold speed to within one knot. Remember, the AP that is supposed to control this stuff is pretty well rooted in FS2002 so all this stuff is fencing wire and duct tape. Nothing in this department is either logical or straightforward.Elsewhere, there are some minor gauge improvements Tim has in progress but despite it's considerable panel complexity there were not all that many issues we didn't detect before release - which I think is testimony to the work done by our army of five dedicated beta testers.Support ? Well, not all would agree with you, mate, but attitudes and policies do vary depending on developer's philosophies. We don't subscribe to the concept of abandoning existing designs "to work on others". If we can find a way to improve a product we will. Maybe we are just out of step with reality ...Best,

Wow! I can't wait to try this, the Cheyenne is so great already...I can't imagine what this does to it!>We don't subscribe to the concept of >abandoning existing designs "to work on others". If we can >find a way to improve a product we will. Maybe we are just >out of step with reality ... That's the kind of attitude that makes you guys the best. I know for a fact that if it's by FSD, it WILL be the best (or close to it). I thought the Commander couldn't get any better, but then you came up with the service release, and I was proven wrong. And out of step with reality or not, as long as you guys keep that attitude, you'll have me as a customer. :)Scott

Steve, Remember me?? :) I was just curious if there might be an updated livery/paintjob for the Cheyenne. Seems very few repaints if any have been done of it. Might be nice to have some variety. Thanks again for all your great work, that Talon looks fantastic!!Hornit

A plane only a mother could love!(the real one, no reflection on this excellent rendition)Looking forward to any plane from the current AOPA Calendar

Francois, what happened ?? You posted earlier to this thread saying it looked great - why the change ???

My earlier post is my personal opinion of how the Porter looks and what I expects of it based on the previous FS2000 model and what I know of Steve and his team. I, like most people here, am an enthusiastic flightsimmer first and foremost, and a Forum Admin second.Perhaps I should have taken the post out right away, but that's water under the bridge. One of my responsibilities at AVSIM is to enforce the rules as set by it's owners. Which is what I did this morning. :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

I understand now - I have reposted the screenshots without the ad since I thought they are well worth looking at - hope that is Ok........

I have to agree. FSD have done an excellent job on the Porter, but if any plane can be called ugly, the PC6 Porter is one. However, it performs its job like a dream. If I'm flying around, I usually don't care too much what my plane looks like. It's the scenery around me that's most impressive.It's hard to believe the company that produced the PC12 also produced the PC6. That PC12 is one beautiful aircraft.

It is getting there Don, I will leave the external textures there since I am sure there are more talented painters who will have a go at improvements (like yourself ??). Whilst Dave is working on the panel I am adding lighting etc and doing some detailing on the GMAX model.If the panel & FDE take a while (since I am not doing them) then I will have start on the inside. Otherwise v1 will be released as an external model only....