Sign in to follow this  
jd

version 3.1 BETA, ready for download

Guest RickT

No you do not need to install v3.01 first. The v3.0 exe file will not be overwritten. You should be able to run either v3.0 or v3.1. There will be two different exe files. Once V3.1 is installed Radar Contact will ask for a key. Before upgrading make a note of your current key and just reenter it when asked to do so.

Guest Scott Campbell

Or just keep your keyboard.dat file.

Guest Badger

Sorry jd.I was going to spend all night going through things step by step, but I didn't get the chance in the end.Never fear, I'm planning on an early finish from work, to do a bit of flying:)So far I've downloaded the update and installed without any problems.I did over write the keyboard.dat file and wished I hadn't because it wiped out my custom keys. Easily put back though.Scott:- I downloaded the wave updated. File 89 has the path in it for 92. A bit confusing but not impossible to work out.jd:- I've started up in normal priority and wave files seem to play ok. (They wouldn't before, I had to use real time)Hopefully some actual flying reports to follow :DRegardsMark

Hi JD,Having just completed a flight from KOAK to KSFO I do have one comment for you:I checked in my "real world" charts and KSFO has a MSA of 7,700' because of the mountain range nearby i guess, so I set this on the Controllers page.However, I never got any descent below 10,000' until I was about 15 miles from the field after having been cleared for the approach, it made the descent fun for me, but the poor passengers :-rollWas I right in setting the MSA to 7,700' or should I have left it at the default 2,000' ?Otherwise i'm really enjoying this.Regards,Steve

your passengers got their money's worth :-)i would have left it at 2000. are there really 7700 ft mountains around ksfo?jd

JD,Your right, I confused myself there, to busy thinking about where the next flight was to. :(I did actually mean to say KLAX and not KSFO, and it was KLAX that I flew into and on double checking the MSA around KLAX it varies between:2,900' between 270 and 050 degrees,5,100' between 050 and 165 degrees, and,7,700' between 165 and 270 degreesas I was coming in on a Civet 4 approach which gives you a 249 degree approach I thought that setting the MSA to 7,700' would have avoided any problems.I'll give it another try later leaving it at 2,000' and see what happens.Steve.

Guest Scott Campbell

Mark,That was reported to me yesterday. You can re-download 89 (and conversley 92 to replace the overwirrten files) and things will be right.

Flew from KEWR to KBOS using 3.1. (I had been using 3.0)The update installed with no problems. I enjoyed the new voices which seemed to sound more realistic (true to life) Noticed the new Acknowlege and contact (CS1) and Acknowledge (CS7). Both worked fine.I tried the repeat instruction (CS/) a number of times and it worked great. The only thing was that I was critized for not paying attention during the critique....so I won't ask for too many repeats in the future. During the flight, I asked to leave the frequency for weather and again for the altimeter. (No problems encountered.)During the approach to KBOS, I was given a final vector to Runway 15R by approach. At the time I was 16 miles from the marker and at 2000 ft. The controller told me to turn to a 120 degree heading and "maintain". With version 3.0, the controller always added a lower altitude plus the final vector. The 3.1 controller did not add a lower altitude. Don't know if this is a bug or not.After landing, I contacted ground and was told to proceed to gate____? Thinking I had missed the gate number, I asked for a repeat and got the same unknown gate assignment. The 3.0 controller always gave me a destination. In both versions, I did not specify a gate when setting up RC on the opening screen.

the maintain without an altitude is a problem. could you refly it, and save me a dat while on the base leg? i'll be on vacation for a week, but i'll look at it, if you send me the .dat, the .flt, and .wx files.sounds like (no pun) that you are missing three wavs. scott campbell's web site has an update you need. if you don't specify a gate, you are told to go to the ramp. if you put "CA" in for a gate, you will be directed to cargo area. if you put in a "GA" for a gate, you will be directed to general aviation parking.try the flight again, after you download the wav updates, and save/send me the dat. tell me the "bug" with the dat, so i don't have to remember this conversation 8 days from now :-)jd

Guest Badger

jd, I tried to post this last night (UK time) but for some reason I couldn't.Here you go:KCMI to KORD, using FSMeteo & My Traffic 1.2 for AITaxi to Rwy 32 at KCMI, no traffic in front of me.Called tower and was told to wait for American 2 miles out.RC cleared me onto the runway, to hold, as soon as it landed. (I'm not sure about the AI at KCMI. It stopped on the rwy and refused to get off!)Re-set the AI to clear traffic and took off.On route I was told of quite a lot of AI around me, some of which I could actually see :)During approach, ran parallel with another AI plane 1000ft above me. RC kept reminding me he was there until he over took me. VERY NICE.Called visual with the rwy on finals. Was told to 'go around' for plane entering rwy and RC got very upset with AI plane!Pulled up gear and went around. RC told me that I was observed with my gear up on short final. Not sure about that one :)Sent around again by RC and put back in touch with approach.Noticed that menu option 5 to request another runway only showed up as eq Rwy and not Req Rwy. (I re-sized the menu, it stayed the same)Landed second time around. No problems.Frame rates were good through out the flight.All wave files played as they should. RC was running at normal priority.Hope this all helps, I'll try another flight later. RegardsMark

>the maintain without an altitude is a problem. could you>refly it, and save me a dat while on the base leg? i'll be on>vacation for a week, but i'll look at it, if you send me the>.dat, the .flt, and .wx files.>>sounds like (no pun) that you are missing three wavs. scott>campbell's web site has an update you need. if you don't>specify a gate, you are told to go to the ramp. if you put>"CA" in for a gate, you will be directed to cargo area. if you>put in a "GA" for a gate, you will be directed to general>aviation parking.>>try the flight again, after you download the wav updates, and>save/send me the dat. tell me the "bug" with the dat, so i>don't have to remember this conversation 8 days from now :-)>>jdI will try the flight again as soon as I can (Family committments)While driving to work this morning, I thought that since 3.1 is in Beta would it be possible to offer a check box on the options page to force RC to use the same runway as FS when using real world weather. Since 3.1 is interacting with FS AI traffic more efficiently, it would be great if the user does not have to use FS ATC at all. I know that one does not have to use FS ATC but in order to mingle with the AI traffic, one has to use the same runway during takeoff and approach and in order to do that you must use FS ATC to some extent. I presently run both thanks to the great instructions in your manual but it gets confusing at times to try to listen to instructions from two controllers while trying to takeoff or land.Don't know if this is feasible or even possible...just a thought.Thanks for the great product!

Thanks J.D. for the Registration code. I should have read your message more carefully and not have bothered you.RCV3.1 Beta installed O.K. On a flight from TAPA to TBPB in the Cessna 182RG when ready for take off on RWY 7 at TAPA FS ATC told me to hold short for a Piper on short final. RCV3.1 told me to taxi into position on the runway and hold. I waited 'till FS ATC cleared me to takeoff! At 6000 ft. after passing TIBOT intersection RCV3.1 Beta controller said to cross ?? at 5000 ft. Otto was driving the plane. She acknowledged but did not reduce the AP altitude setting to 5000 ft. I had to take control from her and do it myself. Happened again on a repeated flight, same route, but not on the same route using RCV3.01. No other problems. John

I have a problem with 3.1:I use CTRL+1, CTRL+2 etc. as hotkeys instead of the default 1,2,... (otherwise it interferes with FS ATC commands). When I press those key combinations I have to keep it pressed for at least ten seconds in order to have a response from the system, otherwise it's like I didn't press anything. If I use only the numbers, without CTRL, it's ok.By the way, is there a way to avoid using CTRL? If I don't use it, when I acknolwledge FS ATC instructions by pressing say 1, that '1' is considered as a RC command and not as an FS ATC command.Thanks,James