Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

will v4 elimanate the purple taxi line?

Guest pellelil

As far as I know real life Air Traffic won't ask you to taxi to a particular gate (as is the case with the purple taxi lines). To my knowledge the airlines (at least in the states) "owns" the gates and it is the dispatcher of each airline that dictate to which gate the plane needs to go (hence Air Traffic control can only tell you to "Taxi to gate").You can find a hugh amount of charts for airfields around the world (I have +800 MB I downloaded covering major airfields in USA and Europe). I have plan to write an application that easily lets me find/display these, however as of now that is way down on my todo list, and I simply use the Explorer to find these various (mainly) PDF-Files ;-)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

"As far as I know real life Air Traffic won't ask you to taxi to a particular gate (as is the case with the purple taxi lines). To my knowledge the airlines (at least in the states) "owns" the gates and it is the dispatcher of each airline that dictate to which gate the plane needs to go (hence Air Traffic control can only tell you to "Taxi to gate")."Actually, this is not quite true. IRL Ground Control will often know the gate and will always know the concourse at least. When you depart the runway, you will be controlled via ground until you fully cross (i.e. the entire body of the airframe) into an 'uncontrolled' area. Most major US airports have controlled ramps, thus you will receive a taxi clearance to a gate. That means that even if the gate is within a few hundred feet, you may get the 'taxi to the gate' after a full prior taxi clearence after departing the runway area. Keep in mind that this 'taxi to the gate' is still a valid clerance and you are under ATC control.However, as we have here in Portland Oregon KPDX, the ramp is 'uncontrolled'. You will get a taxi clerance (via taxiways) to this ramp area. Once in this ramp area you are free to do what you will. Look closely at the ramp perimeter markings to get an idea of where these zones are.As a side note, here at KPDX I have received taxi instructions to say 28R out of the FlightCraft ramp and entered the taxiway only to find another plane passing me while running through several uncontrolled ramp areas immediately off my right side. The passing aircraft will then request their taxi 'on the run' while in essence line jumping.Does work sometimes, sometimes not.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Within the controller page for each flight are two gate fields, one for departure and one for arrival. I've never used them and I don't have time to check out exactly what they do.If you fly frequently from/to specific airports you might wish to reserve some space by in AFCAD2 removing a parking area. You can then use those gate numbers in the controller options preflight knowing they will be available.Perhaps way down the development line for a future version, an option field like the gate field can have a few dropdown choices for major airlinenames (including "Transient") so the ground controller might say "Taxi to the Northwest ramp." Judging by the difficulty in getting people to record what currently is needed for voice variety in RC 4, I would not hold my breath. That being said I do notice in the RC controller scripts list some popular airline names as .txt files which I imagine are used as an index for the recordings. If you look at the options page you can give an aircraft name so perhaps it might be easier to integrate into the taxi instructions. Much of the work appears to have been done. You would still need the "ramp name" field since at some airports gates are shared by a few airlines. As I recall in the 70's Northwest and US Air shared small gates at La Guardia.There are more important things for now to clear up.