Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

RC4: errors and CTD

Hi there,I installed RC4 without problems. did a quick first flight without problems.The second time I started RC4 and loaded a flight (FSNAV exported to FS2004) the program gave an errormessage:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135318.jpgAfter that I downloaded/installed the missing dllThe third time I started RC4 and loaded a flight (other FSNAV exported to FS2004) the program gave again an errormessagehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135319.jpgWhat am I doing wrong/ what is going wrong here?Thanks in advanceRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest RickT

Rob,Please open Windows Explorer and navigate to your windowssystem32 folder. Click on the search button and do a search for MSSTDFMT.DLL .If you find it do the following:Open a dos box start:all programs:accessories:command prompt.At the C prompt you need to change directory to windowssystem32. Do this with the following command:cd windowssystem32 - hit the enter keyAgain at the C prompt key in the following regsvr32 msstdmft.dll - hit the enter keyThis file should now be registered with Windows and Radar Contact should work correctly.Be sure to note any errors in any of these steps.

Hi Rick,I followed you steps making sure that a newly downloaded msstdfmt.dll is in the windows/system32 directory.I got the message:"DllRegisterServer of msstdfmt.dll has succeeded"But after starting RC4 I'm still getting the second errormessage as shown in the above post (runtime error 53) after loading the .pln file and also with every other .pln file (including the tutorial .pln files of the RC4/Tutorial/ directory).The first .pln file which causes the error has the following content[flightplan]title=89WA to W16description=89WA, W16type=IFRroutetype=1cruising_altitude=3753departure_id=89WA, N48* 16.24', W122* 1.16', +000131.23departure_position=18destination_id=W16, N47* 52.29', W121* 59.72', +000049.21departure_name=Williams Airpatchdestination_name=Firstairwaypoint.0=89WA, A, N48* 16.24', W122* 1.16', +000131.23,waypoint.1=W16, A, N47* 52.29', W121* 59.72', +000049.21,Thanks in advanceRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi Rob,I just tried loading your plan and it didn't cause any problems here.One thought, are you running RC on the same machine as Flight Sim or on a second machine using WideFS?One other point which might avoid a problem later. To work correctly RC must have at least one wp between the departure and arrival airports, even on such a short flight.All the best,John

Hi John, thanks for helping!Both on the same machine... With regard to the flightplan, this is however the very plan I made and loaded the first time I started RC4. And the problem with RC4 also occurs with the tutorial flightplans which come with RC4, so I can't be the flightplan I reckon..Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi Rob,What are your regional settings in control panel (control panel: date.time,language and regional options: regional and language options: Regional options tab)Mine is English (United Kingdom)It could affect the way RC reads the plan I guess.All the best,John

Hi all,@Ed Yep I have installedVisual Basic v4.0 Runtimes (16 &32 bit) Visual Basic v5.0 Runtimes Visual Basic v6.0 Runtimes I also tested with changing the regional settings from Dutch to UK and US but to no avail :( Mmm....Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi Rob,I managed to recreate this. It may be a problem with a file called f4.csv.Look in your main RC4 folder. There should be a folder called data. In that you will find the f4.csv file.Please move this file to another (temporary) location.Then start RC. It will tell you it can't find the file and will download a fresh version from our server.See if that solves the problem.All the best,John

Hi Rob,Before you do try opening RCv4 and pressing the 'Rebuild Scenery DB button.This should recreate the files a4.csv and r4.csv.If either of them is corrupt it leads to the problem you are having.If that doesn't work you could then try moving all the files except a4.csv and r4.csv out of the data folderStart RC and new versions will be downloaded.If that doesn't work it would be worth doing a re-install.If that doesn't work I guess it'll be one for jd to figure out. He should be back soon.I'm betting on one of the data files being corrupted, however.All the best,John

Just received RC4 late today, installed with no problem. However, after loading flight plan received the same error as Rob. I remembered reading about this problem today so think I will do a complete re-install to see if it takes care of issue. This is just to let you know I have the problem as well.Thanks!Erv KSDFASUS P4C 8000-E Deluxe, P4 3.0,Win XP Home Editions Service Pack IIATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB2ea Corsair 512 MB DDR400 PC3200 Double DataAntec SL400 W 12V ATX Power SupplySeagate 40 GB 7200 RPM

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.