Sign in to follow this  
Darcy

Anyone found a solution for the stuttering/pause in 4.01?

>should not need a new key. but if you do, email>register@jdtllc.com>>jdThanks Jon.

Hi Iain,I'm not sure moving RC to a separate hard drive will help with the stuttering in FS. The problem is caused by the gathering of the wavs so the only way of separating that action from FS is by using either a super-fast Athlon ( someone has reported the FX-60 works well); running with a Hyperthreaded Pentium 4 (I have no problems) or running RC on a separate computer via WideFS (a modest one is fine).By all means try it but I'm not convinced you'll see any improvement. One thing you might like to try first is defragging your drive to make sure all the wavs are as tightly packed as possible.Cheeers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Slightly off topic but... Possibly I am not the only one "put off" RC 4.0.1 by all this. Is RC V 4.0 still available?VIMANA

>Hi Iain,>>I'm not sure moving RC to a separate hard drive will help with>the stuttering in FS. The problem is caused by the gathering>of the wavs so the only way of separating that action from FS>is by using either a super-fast Athlon ( someone has reported>the FX-60 works well); running with a Hyperthreaded Pentium 4>(I have no problems) or running RC on a separate computer via>WideFS (a modest one is fine).>>By all means try it but I'm not convinced you'll see any>improvement. One thing you might like to try first is>defragging your drive to make sure all the wavs are as tightly>packed as possible.> Hi Ray,I've moved RC to my second HD and there is a tremendous improvement. The stuttering is now much less frequent and when it happens it is only just perceptible. In fact it is no worse than sometimes used to happen with the FS9 ATC! So, I'm very happy. I have one or two other questions/observations that I'll post separately but generally I'm very impressed!CheersIain

Thanks for posting that Iain. Nice to know things have improved for you.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>I've moved RC to my second HD and there is a tremendous>improvement. The stuttering is now much less frequent and when>it happens it is only just perceptible. In fact it is no worse>than sometimes used to happen with the FS9 ATC! So, I'm very>happy. I have one or two other questions/observations that>I'll post separately but generally I'm very impressed!>>Cheers>>Iain>Further to this, after a couple of days I started to get some quite noticeable stutters just before a voice spoke. A defrag of my second HD on which I have RC seemed to help but after a couple of days it was back. This was a pain. Then I remembered that Darcy had posted that version 4.0 did not give him this problem so he had gone back to it. Guess what? So have I and the difference is immediately apparent and the HD has not been defragged for a few days. It is now totally acceptable as far as stuttering is concerned. There is virtually none!OK so the voices are slightly more robotic. So guys, whatever you did to improve the voice speed or wav file gathering has had a detrimental affect on some of our machines. Maybe you can re-examine the problem? What else are we missing by not having v4.01?Iain