Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

ASOS/AWOS support in future versions?

I'd like to suggest for a future version to allow pilots at non-towered airports to get WX from the ASOS/AWOS on field, as the default FS2004 ATC does. While in real life I certainly call FSS on the phone for a WX briefing an hour or so before departure, I get current departure WX on field from the ASOS. I then get my clearance via the RCO on field or possibly when conditions are VMC, in the air. I'd just be curious why this default feature wasn't carried over to RC. Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

there is a good reason why on the controller's page, i don't say "ATIS", i just say "WX Briefin". you can put your awos/asos frequency in there if you want.i guess the problem with that is, you hear "local atis information..."default feature? you have to understand, i've never used MS ATC, i don't have a clue how/what they do.jd

If you are an Active Sky 6 user you can get current weather (only) by tuning your second comm to 122.0. You must have flightwatch enabled in the AS6 options. As I recall you have a choice of text as well as audio but the choice must be made so as not to interfere with the RC text and audio. I have used flightwatch without a problem. To get rid of the audio detune comm 2 off of 122.0.