Sign in to follow this  
dunix

Addon scenery airports are not recognized by Radar Cont...

Hi,strange problem here:For Info: I have the latest version of RC and FSUIPC 3.7 installed.I have some freeware airports that I downloaded from AVSIM installed. The airports are EDDF Frankfurt and EDDS Stuttgart.This is what I do:I open the MS flight planner to plan my flight. Dept airport is to be EDDF and destination ist e.g. EDDH Hamburg. Then I save the flight. Now I open up Radar Contact and load the flight plan into Radar Contact. I then noticed that under "Controller Info" there no freq. etc. set for the dept. airport and the field dept airport is blank. In addition in the field "Load a Flight Plan" the dept. airport is also missing. The text starts something with @ EDDH.The same thing happens if I chose EDDF as the destination airport and when I select EDDS (also installed as addon scenery).I came to the conclusion that the addon airports I installed before are not recognized by Radar Contact. "Rebuild Scenery DB" did not solve the problem. Is there anything else I can do? Did this kind of problem occur to anyone before?Best regards Frank

this link tells you how to add frequencies to a new airporthttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=21384&page=2if rebuild rc scenery database isn't picking up your new sceneries airports, that means there is something wrong with the scenery or the .cfg filethere is a utility somewhere, that scans the scenery files, and points out errors, which might result in makerwys.exe not being able to find your airportsjd

Hi Frank,I think this is might be one we have come across before.Can you tell me which sceneries you are using.For EDDF I'm guessing you downloaded am_eddf_11.zip.For EDDS I'm guessing it's gaedds10.zipIf so there is a problem in that the authors have not followed the usual convention of putting 'start locations' for their runways in their afcad files. Quick fix is to disable the sceneries in the scenery library before you rebuild the RC scenery database.Permanent fix is for you to confirm exactly which sceneries you are using and I'll edit and post the afcad files as required.All the best,John

Hi John,yes these are exactely the files I downloaded!am_eddf_11.zip and gaedds10.zipIt would be very nice of you if you could post/ or mail me the edited afcad files :-)EDDF is my home airport so I am using the scenery a lot.Thanks and best regards Frank

Hi Frank,In your Addon SceneryAM_EDDFScenery folder remove AM_EDDF_2D.bgl and replace it with the attached RC_EDDF_2D.bglIn your Addon SceneryGA_EDDSScenery folder remove AF2_GA_EDDS_2D.bgl and replace it with the attached RCAF2_EDDS.bglThe renaming of the files is deliberate and important!Then rebuild your RC scenery database and (hopefully) you are ready to go.All the best,John

Here is what I do to make a go-around this kind of problem:1) For the problem airport I open AFCAD to determine the AFCAD files for that particular airport. For the airports where this problem is encountered I allways have found two or more AFCAD-files.2) I remove the AFCAD file(s) not containing the runway(s) from the airport scenery folder (or where ever it's located).3) I run the RC Rebuild scenery DB4) I move the above maentioned AFCAD file(s) back to the origin folder.If you encounter that you have more than one AFCAD file containing runway(s), you have to decide which of those AFCADs you will keep.The other one(s) you have to delete from / move out of the scenery folder.

>For the airports where this problem is encountered>>For the airports where this problem is emerging......I hope that was a little bit better English........:)

Guest GauthierH

I will try that tonight...Tks

Hi Gauthier,Sorry for the delay in replying.To solve your problem go into the Scenery folder for this airport and rename the file AF2_EBLG.bgl as zAF2_EBLG.bglThen rerun the RC 'rebuild scenery database'For some reason there is runway info in the file eblg-excl.BGL and that's what's causing the problem.Renaming in the way I suggest ensures that the info in the af2 file is read last when rebuilding our database.All the best and apologies again for the delay.John

Guest GauthierH

Problem is (if still really a problem), that FS in his turn doesn't recognize the whole afcad and suppress all the taxiway and so on; I can't place plane elsewhere that active runway.So I renamed the file after RC build database.In any case, thank you.

Hi Gauthier,Oh dear :-(In that case the only complete solution would be to move the AF2_EBLG.bgl out of the EBLG scenery folder and into a scenery folder with a higher priority in the scenery library.All the best,John