Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Why did RC tell me to go around

I was making a landing at Rome in the LDS767. I could see that both Gs LOC was captured and AUTOLAND annunciator was lit (and I successfully did land). What then made RC to tell me to go around?Initially there was a plane in front of me but it climbed away and after that no plane in front of me. Also initially I came in a little to fast but I engaged the speedbrake and could then reach landing parameters.

Was your gear down? RC tower checks for this.Perhaps the runway was not clear and you were told to go-around for the same reason as the AI. If you were visual could you see any aircraft on the runway even at the far end?

without a log, i can't tell you. if you had a comment about a steak dinner, you're gear weren't down in time.if there was an ai, that i thought was on the runway, you'd get a go around. that can happen if you have third party scenery, and haven't rebuild the rc scenery data base.jd

>without a log, i can't tell you. if you had a comment about a>steak dinner, you're gear weren't down in time.>Well maybe that's possible. I was coming in to fast and waited to slow down.>if there was an ai, that i thought was on the runway, you'd>get a go around. that can happen if you have third party>scenery, and haven't rebuild the rc scenery data base.>Couldn't see any.