Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

RC V5 Callsigns

Guest realatp
Hi Jordan,I know Brindabella well, they fly out of Brisbane, just down the road from me :) FYI, they do use BRINDABELLA as the callsign.It's added for v5 now.Subs
SIIIIIIIIIICKKKKKK thanks so much.

Polish Airlines request:Lot - currently it's POLLOT, however in real life it is only LOTEuroLot callsign = EUROLOTWizzAir - ok, this one is Hungarian but main hub is in Poland :) callsign = WIZZAIRCan this be included?

Tom Link

Polish Airlines request:Lot - currently it's POLLOT, however in real life it is only LOTEuroLot callsign = EUROLOTWizzAir - ok, this one is Hungarian but main hub is in Poland :) callsign = WIZZAIRCan this be included?
Sure can, they're all included now.Subs

Sure can, they're all included now.Subs
Actually it is officially POLLOT, they just shorten it to LOT.. Subs, my email provider had some trouble reaching your address, I'm not sure if you got my reply or not...

Actually it is officially POLLOT, they just shorten it to LOT.. Subs, my email provider had some trouble reaching your address, I'm not sure if you got my reply or not...
Hi Ilari,Yes I did get your reply (one reply to date), jd's looking into it. He or I will get back to you soon.Subs

Sure it is, but as you said, no one uses it, as shorter version prevails :)

Tom Link

Guest BeaverDriver
Done, AIR BC it is :( The company later became Air Canada Jazz right?I'm hoping by the time RCv231 is relased, those $10 million LevelD airline sims become affordable for home use and we'll all have one :( And then I wouldn't have to keep adding callsigns to the damn list :(
B) Yeah, there are a bunch of these guys around, and that may be about to grow some with the economy and all. Go figure.Yes, Air BC has been incorporated as a Jazz airline. I believe it is known now as Jazz across Canada, which takes in Air BC, Air Ontario, Air Nova and I believe there was one on the Prairies, but I forget now what it was known as. It's nice to still have Air BC though B) . Thanks for this!

Request for Virtual;ICAO: PLCCountry: PolandCallsign: 'POLAND CARGO'Can you please kindly add this one? Thanks :(

Tom Link

Request for Virtual;ICAO: PLCCountry: PolandCallsign: 'POLAND CARGO'Can you please kindly add this one? Thanks :(
Hi,Poland Cargo VA has been added for v5.I see some VAs associated with a ICAO code now, like Poland Cargo VA is with PLC. I don't remember as this being the case until recently. Just curious, is there a 'governing' authority body in the FS / VA world where these codes are issued and regulated? Or are VAs free to just pick a code as they like?I was just curious as the PLC code in the real world belongs to a Policing unit in the UK.Subs

Then you should probably change the ICAO code for the VA. In fact, this brings me to a small user interface feature request -- a callsign parser. We would have a field as in a real flightplan, where the user types, let's say, FIN427, and the callsign "Finnair 427" would be set automatically. Would save some time trotting through the list boxes. Could you suggest this to JD?

Then you should probably change the ICAO code for the VA. In fact, this brings me to a small user interface feature request -- a callsign parser. We would have a field as in a real flightplan, where the user types, let's say, FIN427, and the callsign "Finnair 427" would be set automatically. Would save some time trotting through the list boxes. Could you suggest this to JD?
Already coded and tested, in v5 you can sort the callsign list in alphabetical order by Airline Name, 3-letter ICAO code, or Callsign.List boxes have their advantages like being able to only select what is there. A user may mistakenly think Finnair's code is FNN, which RC won't find and thereby can't voice. By forcing the user pick either FinnAir Airlines, or FIN, or FINNAIR, these types of errors can be avoided.The other advantage is of course, if you wanted Finnair and didn't know the code, you are able to select it from the list rather than having to type in the code yourself ('FIN", which you don't know).Subs