Everything posted by francobfort
-
If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Anyone lying to my face and profiting from it, yes, is a sellout. In any event, discrediting me over name calling doesn't make the evidence any less a fact.
-
If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Multiple videos and still telling me my eyes are lying? No. I will judge on what I see. 5:05 Is the plane sweating? This is terrible. How can ObsidianAnt say "It's Never Looked This Good Before"? Sellout
-
If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Again, rain is invisible in FS2024. Before SU5, ie Xbox release
-
If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Rain lines are not visible in 2024. It is a long standing bug introduced with the Xbox release and now marked as Won't Fix. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/closing-of-bug-reports/661182
-
If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Still the same harsh brown lighting as in current FS2020. "Not representative", I know. My point is the overall lighting and clouds before SU5 was just on a different level and still not restored. You also had rain lines visible outside which was recently marked as "Won't fix". I wonder if the old global illumination system had something to do with that and was just too much for Xbox to continue using.
-
If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
- AVSIM has become a toxic community ... a farewell
What about the joy stolen from simmers like me? Who is still waiting for their sim to be restored to the fidelity and quality I spent a year enjoying, experiencing and documenting before it all got taken away with SU5 and 7? Spending years filing bug reports and wishlists hoping for change only to be ignored, silenced and banned. To then have the audacity to categorize them as a grumpy simmers and thieves of joy after this? It must take a special kind of worldview to say something like that and believe it.- If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
I'm not so sure about that. But hey, let's wait and see right. Old build and all that.- If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
I see, so this thread is just about posting "stunnings" and "amazings" about the alpha.- If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Why do you guys always comb through and attack the person's posting history? Anyways, I saw that video and posted screenshots from it. Where are your screenshots showing the "better clouds than anything Asobo was able to muster before"?- If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Do you really think people passionate about MSFS are trolling when they expect better and posting their opinions? Okay so it wasn't "that kind" of alpha, but surely anyone pushing this out knew people will judge it as what to expect a month before release. Saying it's an old build and blaming the testers for not understanding, to me that is trolling. Anyways, if the live weather clouds are just as bad and even worse as current 2020 then why are people gushing over them in the supposed "not representative" alpha?- If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Content like new planes and airports I can understand was limited, but would you not provide your latest version with all new core features and data services enabled to stress test? Why give out a worse version for people to test and showcase? Where are the screenshots? I keep seeing words. Call me disillusioned but words don't mean much at this point.- If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Not until I see evidence of live weather and lighting that is like pre-SU5 FS2020 will I buy another MSFS.- If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Isn't that the point of this thread, for those that did not get access to the Alpha?- If you didn't get to see the Alpha, it looks like this.
Sorry but I don't know if there is some sort of mass delusion going on but the live weather looks exactly as in current FS2020. How can people praise the same weather issues they criticized before as now being "tremendous" and "stunning" just because it has a 2024 sticker on it? For context this is from 2020 before SU5 (2021). The lighting was way more realistic and the clouds way more detailed stretching to the horizon. How can anyone say 2024 is an improvement over this?- Censorship in official MSFS forums
Keep in mind this whole cult-like overreaction was over how I asked instead of what I asked after seeing the direction of FS2024. If it was so wrong why delete posts completely or hide flagged posts from public view? Too afraid that others may agree? More interested in image than what customers really think.- Censorship in official MSFS forums
When you wonder if the director of a flight sim has no piloting experience it makes sense that they would rather concentrate on other stuff like taking photos of deer and get annoyed when they have to talk about clouds and weather. Seb is the one always talking like Austin from XP, but even he has to follow design choices set by Jorg.- Censorship in official MSFS forums
The responses were expected. I'm not here to seek advice on how I should speak towards leaders or my tone or justification for the actions of the MSFS team.- Censorship in official MSFS forums
It was deleted since I posted the link. I'm just amazed people are defending these kind of draconian actions. We paid for a product and have the right to inquire and raise concerns about the issues and direction of it on the official forums.- Censorship in official MSFS forums
Tone policing is just another form of censorship.- Censorship in official MSFS forums
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/interview-with-jorg-for-pcgamer/651429/60- Censorship in official MSFS forums
Do not question Dear Leader's aviation interest or pilot credentials on the MSFS Official forums. - AVSIM has become a toxic community ... a farewell