Sign in to follow this  
g_precentralis

DCS MiG-21Bis Fishbed

Im happy to announce the very first third party DCS module - MiG-21Bis is in development.

The same developer team made MiG-21Bis mod for Flaming cliffs 2 but although that mode is good enough for FC2 standards, it suffers from serious limitation of flight model as well as instruments and systems, as there was no support from Eagle dynamic.

However, the new DCS MiG-21Bis module is supported by Eagle dynamics, so I think all of development tools are now available. Developer team announced features:

Features of the "DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed":

• Highly detailed six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit with dynamic shadows. Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse like previous DCS products.

• Accurate airframe and realistic 3D cockpit model.

• Detailed modeling of the MiG-21Bis instruments, navigation, electrical, radar, engine, fuel, and weapon systems.

• Russian and English cockpit texts and hints

• Improved and more realistic airplane behaviors that are based on real MiG-21Bis pilot tests and instruction.

• More than a twenty high detailed aircraft skin with unique stencil texts.

• More than a dozen new deliverable weapon.

As this is "official" third party module for DCS world, we will be able to fight against all other DCS aircrafts without limits (FC2 version came as addon that erase some default cockpit and sounds).

Im pretty sure Im not allowed to embed first screenshots (AVSIM policy), but I can provide link to official topic:

http://forums.eagle....ead.php?t=87621

Lets hope developer will finish this product successfully and without problems till the end of year (as they told that is target period).

Ooooh how did I miss this. Cannot wait for it.

Thanks for the info.

Rich

Another plane that makes no sense in the DCS series? Come on guys........F18,F14, Jaguar, Tornado, SAAB Viggen, etc. not late 60's early 70's aircraft or even WW2.

Well, if you think you can make "F18,F14, Jaguar, Tornado, SAAB Viggen, etc.", sign a contract with ED and make it, thats just what guy making MiG-21 did.

Another plane that makes no sense in the DCS series? Come on guys........F18,F14, Jaguar, Tornado, SAAB Viggen, etc. not late 60's early 70's aircraft or even WW2.

It does make sense, the time DCS Blackshark and DCS World (Su-25t) is set there are still many operators of this aircraft.

It's one of the most widely used internationally sold fighter planes.

A high fidelity fighter is MOST welcome in the DCS World.

I will be buying, although I didn't buy the Mustang.

Oh this will be FUN!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Mig-21bis screens of russian and english cockpit

RU_text.jpg

EN_text.jpg

Mig-21 tables screen

Mig-21_chatr_01.jpg

Mig-21 progesion cockpit from FC-2 "Mod" to DCS: World Addon

CP_old_now_3.gif

And.....God has comming....

WIP_US_001.jpg

WIP_US_002.jpg

WIP_US_003.jpg

WIP_US_004.jpg

Beczl speak..... :LMAO:

Unfortunately I forgot to remove the "RESCUE" text from cockpit. No Rescue need for Chuck Norris. :-)

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Sun visor operation

Sunvisoroff.jpg

Sunvisoron.jpg

Beczl mig-21 webpage here

And Mig-21Bis operation manual here

Some images:

LAZUR y RSBN pannel

lazur.jpgrsbn.jpg

Beczl SimHq interview: here

laszlo.jpg

And some night lights on cockpit

WIP_Nightlight_004.jpgWIP_Nightlight_001.jpg

And finaly radar test here

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Video Test Nº1 and Nº2 Cockpit Lights

http://youtu.be/1nJBWAihnMk

DCS:MiG-21Bis Light Test No.1 - Cockpit main light, panel text light emission and visibility test. *** The current cockpit color, instruments, etc doesn't represent the final product capabilities ***

http://youtu.be/ZVh599DLYcQ

DCS:MiG-21Bis Light Test No.2 - Cockpit main light, panel text light, instrument lights, warning lights, secondary white light emission and visibility test. *** The current cockpit color, instruments, etc doesn't represent the final product capabilities. In the game the colors and lights are looks better than in this video.***

Originally Posted by REL

Does this project include an extended damage model?

What about random failures?

Is there any dependence between the damage model and failures?

Yes it does. Both.

Screen_120625_084238.jpg

Screen_120625_084243.jpg

Screen_120626_152718.jpg

Screen_120626_155828.jpg

Screen_120626_160502.jpg

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1529185&postcount=1390

The following pictures not represent the final model. Some part of the model could be upgraded later on. Everything is subject to change.

screen120806014047.jpg

screen120806015732.jpg

screen120811225859.jpg

screen120806012832.jpg

screen120806220342.jpg

screen120811225649.jpg

Ignore previous post....

http://forums.eagle....&postcount=1395

Originally Posted by HungaroJET
The following pictures not represent the final model. Some part of the model could be upgraded later on. Everything is subject to change.

Disclaimer:

The previously posted screenshots aren't shown, based and belong on the DCS:MiG-21bis project. It was the old FC2 model that "hacked" into DCS:World without any written permission of the authors.

I don't want to cause a confusing about the DCS:MiG-21bis texturing, model, capabilities and so on... so any post, update, pics that not came from me through the "official" News section is a scam and NOT based on the official DCS:MiG-21 package..

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1530465&postcount=12

New airframe 3D model WIP and some cockpit glass frozen effect test.

WIP_V2_001.jpg

WIP_V2_009.jpg

WIP_V2_008.jpg

WIP_V2_006.jpg

WIP_V2_005.jpg

WIP_V2_003.jpg

WIP_V2_017.jpg

WIP_V2_015.jpg

WIP_V2_014.jpg

WIP_V2_013.jpg

WIP_V2_011.jpg